For patients with Behçet's syndrome, the oral phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor apremilast is effective for treating oral ulcers, according to a new study.
There is little high quality evidence proving the effect of xylitol in preventing dental cavities, new research published in the Cochrane Library has found.
Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Indian Health Service (IHS) have found that short treatment courses of doxycycline can be administered in children <8 years old without staining teeth or weakening tooth enamel.
Adults and children are recommended to reduce their daily intake of free sugars to less than 10% of total energy intake, according to a new guideline released by the World Health Organization (WHO).
The dentist's office may be a good place to screen people for diabetes, according to new research.
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is taken from the December 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
This activity is taken from the July 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
From the June 2012 issue of The Clinical Advisor: Oral Involvement of Systemic Diseases. Oral ...
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies