In patients with type 1 diabetes, but not those without diabetes, periodontal disease duration is an independent predictor of long-term progression of coronary artery calcium (CAC).
According to researchers at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health, most dentists have asked their patient about illicit drug use but questions remain about the feasibility of offering preventive screening and testing alongside dental care.
For kindergarten students, physician-based comprehensive preventive oral health services (POHS) are associated with a reduction in caries, but no improvement in subsequent use of dental treatment.
But children also had fewer 'misaligned' teeth if they reduced pacifier use, researchers say
PerioSciences announced the launch of Dry Mouth AO ProGel and a new formula of its Hydrating AO ProRinse for the treatment of xerostomia (dry mouth). The new products are part of the Hydrating Oral Care System.
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is taken from the December 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
This activity is taken from the July 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
From the June 2012 issue of The Clinical Advisor: Oral Involvement of Systemic Diseases. Oral ...
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- First Reported Case of Myopericarditis With Common BP Med
- Many Pregnant Women Lacking in Element Linked to Cognition in Offspring
- Severe, Persistent Joint Pain Warning Issued for Diabetes Drug Class
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link