There is little high quality evidence proving the effect of xylitol in preventing dental cavities, new research published in the Cochrane Library has found.
Researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Indian Health Service (IHS) have found that short treatment courses of doxycycline can be administered in children <8 years old without staining teeth or weakening tooth enamel.
Adults and children are recommended to reduce their daily intake of free sugars to less than 10% of total energy intake, according to a new guideline released by the World Health Organization (WHO).
The dentist's office may be a good place to screen people for diabetes, according to new research.
Women with high fracture risk scores showed the strongest signs of gum disease
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is taken from the December 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
This activity is taken from the July 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
From the June 2012 issue of The Clinical Advisor: Oral Involvement of Systemic Diseases. Oral ...
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Study: Pregnant, Breastfeeding Women Not Consuming Enough of This Nutrient
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children