Pediatricians should perform oral health assessments and help maintain and restore oral health for the youngest children, according to a policy statement from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
Dentists are uniquely placed to identify patients with diabetes, and those with diabetes who are at risk for complications.
Researchers say sleeping with false teeth may raise risk of pneumonia.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed new standards to reduce the amount of mercury released from dentists' offices.
Regular vigorous exercise is often associated with positive health outcomes such as weight loss, but it may actually increase the risk of dental caries and other oral health problems.
Featured courses from mycme
This activity is taken from the December 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
This activity is taken from the July 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
From the June 2012 issue of The Clinical Advisor: Oral Involvement of Systemic Diseases. Oral ...
- Long-Term Effects of Antivirals in Patients with HBV-Related Cirrhosis
- For Idiopathic Pericarditis, Is Standard Therapy Still the Best?
- How Effective Is Drug Therapy in Treating Anxiety and Comorbid Alcohol Use Disorders?
- Remission in Crohn's: Most Effective Tx ID'ed in Meta-Analysis
- Many Seniors Not Reporting Falls to Physician