Children exposed to secondhand smoke at 4 months of age may be at risk for tooth decay by age 3.
In patients with type 1 diabetes, but not those without diabetes, periodontal disease duration is an independent predictor of long-term progression of coronary artery calcium (CAC).
According to researchers at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health, most dentists have asked their patient about illicit drug use but questions remain about the feasibility of offering preventive screening and testing alongside dental care.
For kindergarten students, physician-based comprehensive preventive oral health services (POHS) are associated with a reduction in caries, but no improvement in subsequent use of dental treatment.
But children also had fewer 'misaligned' teeth if they reduced pacifier use, researchers say
Featured courses from mycme
Among the many issues clinicians face today, staying current with advances in medicine is becoming ...
This activity is taken from the December 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
This activity is taken from the July 2012 issue of JAAPA. It includes the CME ...
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?