Use of a nonmydriatic camera for retinal imaging combined with the remote evaluation of images identifies diabetic retinopathy (DR) in about 20% of patients with diabetes.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to SPK-RPE65 (Spark Therapeutics) for the treatment of nyctalopis, or night blindness, in patients with Leber's congenital amaurosis due to mutations in the RPE65 gene.
A small new study suggests that the structure of Google Glass (rather than the software) may curtail natural peripheral vision, creating blind spots that undermine safety while engaging in routine tasks, such as driving or walking.
Featured courses from mycme
This module reviews all topics on the NCCPA examination blueprint relating to Pulmonology, Ophthalmology, and ...
PracticeSM from Primary to Specialty Care is a certified, opt-in, educational activity that briefly provides ...
The content of this activity is based on a live symposium held at the ASRS ...
- Can Wearables for Babies Help Prevent SIDS?
- Most Excessive Drinkers Don't Meet Alcohol Dependence Criteria
- Carcinogen from Hookah Smoke Harmful, Even in Secondhand Exposure
- Refined vs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Is One Better for Cardiovascular Health?
- Digoxin and Incident A-Fib: New Results on Mortality, Hospitalization Risk