Generic Name and Formulations:
Insulin aspart (recombinant) 100 Units/mL; soln for SC inj, continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII), IV infusion; contains zinc, m-cresol.
Indications for NOVOLOG:
For SC inj, CSII, or IV infusion: see literature. Onset approx ≤15 minutes, peak approx 1–3 hours, duration approx 3–5 hours.
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–4yrs: use SC inj only. ≥4yrs: may use SC inj or CSII: see literature. Onset approx ≤15 minutes, peak approx 1–3 hours, duration approx 3–5 hours.
During episodes of hypoglycemia.
Instruct patients on diet, exercise, blood or urine testing, proper administration of insulin, change in species of origin, type or purity of insulin, and management of hypoglycemia. Dosage increase may be required during infection, illness, stress, trauma, and pregnancy. Dosage decrease may be needed with renal or hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant thiazolidinediones (TZDs) may cause fluid retention and heart failure; consider dose reduction or discontinue TZDs. Potentiated by oral antidiabetic agents, pramlintide, ACE inhibitors, disopyramide, fibrates, fluoxetine, MAOIs, propoxyphene, salicylates, somatostatin analog, sulfonamide antibiotics. Antagonized by corticosteroids, isoniazid, niacin, danazol, diuretics, thiazides, phenothiazines, sympathomimetics, somatropin, thyroid hormones, estrogens, progestogens, atypical antipsychotics. Variable effects with β-blockers, clonidine, lithium salts, alcohol, pentamidine. CSII: Do not mix with other insulins or diluent when pump is used.
Hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, local or systemic allergy, lipodystrophy, edema.
Vials (10mL)—1; FlexPen (3mL prefilled syringe)—5; PenFill (3mL cartridges)—5; NovoPen Echo (inj device, uses PenFill cartridges)—1
- 5 flexpens of 3ml cartons (Qty:1)
- appx. price $407.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children