Generic Name and Formulations:
Insulin aspart (rDNA origin) 100 Units/mL; soln for SC inj, continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII), IV infusion; contains zinc, m-cresol.
Indications for NOVOLOG:
For SC inj, CSII, or IV infusion: see full labeling. Onset approx ≤15 mins, peak approx 1–3hrs, duration approx 3–5hrs.
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–4yrs: use SC inj only. ≥4yrs: may use SC inj or CSII: see full labeling. Onset approx ≤15 mins, peak approx 1–3hrs, duration approx 3–5hrs.
During episodes of hypoglycemia.
Instruct patients on diet, exercise, blood or urine testing, proper administration of insulin, change in species of origin, type or purity of insulin, and management of hypoglycemia. Do not reuse or share pens, needles, cartridges, or syringes between patients. Dosage increase may be required during infection, illness, stress, trauma, and pregnancy. Dosage decrease may be needed with renal or hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant thiazolidinediones (TZDs) may cause fluid retention and heart failure; consider dose reduction or discontinue TZDs. Potentiated by oral antidiabetic agents, pramlintide, ACE inhibitors, disopyramide, fibrates, fluoxetine, MAOIs, propoxyphene, salicylates, somatostatin analog, sulfonamide antibiotics. Antagonized by corticosteroids, isoniazid, niacin, danazol, diuretics, thiazides, phenothiazines, sympathomimetics, somatropin, thyroid hormones, estrogens, progestogens, atypical antipsychotics. Variable effects with β-blockers, clonidine, lithium salts, alcohol, pentamidine. CSII: Do not mix with other insulins or diluent when pump is used.
Hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, local or systemic allergy, lipodystrophy, edema.
Vials (10mL)—1; FlexPen (3mL prefilled syringe)—5; PenFill (3mL cartridges)—5; NovoPen Echo (inj device, uses PenFill cartridges)—1
- 5 flexpens of 3ml cartons (Qty:1)
- appx. price $467.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic