Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.3mg, 0.4mg, 0.6mg; sublingual tabs.
Indications for NITROSTAT:
Acute relief of angina attack. Prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Treatment: 1 tab sublingually or in buccal pouch at onset, may repeat in 5 mins; max 3 tabs in 15 mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10 mins before activity.
Early MI. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure. Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil).
Acute MI, CHF: monitor. Hypotensive or volume depleted. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if blurred vision or dry mouth occurs. Use lowest effective dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, alcohol, aspirin. May antagonize alteplase, heparin. Drugs that cause dry mouth (eg, tricyclics, anticholinergics) may interfere with sublingual dissolution. Avoid ergotamine and related drugs. Tolerance to other forms of nitrates may blunt effects. May interfere with cholesterol tests.
Headache, vertigo, weakness, palpitation, orthostatic hypotension, tachycardia, syncope, flushing, rash, exfoliative dermatitis.
Tabs 0.4mg—4 x 25, 100; 0.3mg, 0.6mg—100
- 0.4mg sublinguals (Qty:25)
- appx. price $18.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity