Generic Name and Formulations:
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; tabs; with meth-deterring Impede technology.
Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NEXAFED:
Nasal or sinus congestion.
Swallow whole with water. 60mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: do not use without consultation. Swallow whole with water. 6–11yrs: 30mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Reevaluate if no improvements after 7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies