Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprostadil 125mcg, 250mcg, 500mcg, 1000mcg; urethral suppository.
Indications for MUSE:
Supervise titration. Initially 125–250mcg inserted in urethra after urination; adjust dose in stepwise manner on separate occasions; max 2 supps/day.
Urethral stricture. Balanitis. Severe hypospadias and curvature. Acute or chronic urethritis. Predisposition to venous thrombosis (eg, sickle cell anemia or trait). Hyperviscosity syndrome. Patients for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated. If partner is pregnant, use condom; if partner is of childbearing age, use contraception.
Exclude reversible causes. Hypotension. Bleeding disorders. Priapism. Pregnancy (Cat.C): see Contraindications.
Effect attenuated by drugs that interfere with erectile function (eg, decongestants). Caution with anticoagulants.
Penile, urethral, or testicular pain, urethral burning, minor urethral bleeding/spotting, dizziness, hypotension, flu symptoms, rhinitis, others. Infrequent: priapism. Partners: vaginal burning/itching.
- 1000mcg suppositorys (Qty:6)
- appx. price $369.00
- Nine Factors That Appear to Elevate Alzheimer's Risk
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Measles and 'Immune Amnesia': Why Vaccination Could Also Prevent Other Diseases