Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprostadil 125mcg, 250mcg, 500mcg, 1000mcg; urethral suppository.
Indications for MUSE:
Supervise titration. Initially 125–250mcg inserted in urethra after urination; adjust dose in stepwise manner on separate occasions; max 2 supps/day.
Urethral stricture. Balanitis. Severe hypospadias and curvature. Acute or chronic urethritis. Predisposition to venous thrombosis (eg, sickle cell anemia or trait). Hyperviscosity syndrome. Patients for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated. If partner is pregnant, use condom; if partner is of childbearing age, use contraception.
Exclude reversible causes. Hypotension. Bleeding disorders. Priapism. Pregnancy (Cat.C): see Contraindications.
Effect attenuated by drugs that interfere with erectile function (eg, decongestants). Caution with anticoagulants.
Penile, urethral, or testicular pain, urethral burning, minor urethral bleeding/spotting, dizziness, hypotension, flu symptoms, rhinitis, others. Infrequent: priapism. Partners: vaginal burning/itching.
- 1000mcg suppositorys (Qty:6)
- appx. price $367.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Antidepressant May Possibly Protect Against Dementia, Says New Study
- Study: Trulicity Effective as Add-on to Sulfonylurea
- Physician Burnout Up 10% Over Past 3 Years
- New Antivirals, Enhanced Screening Could Eliminate HCV in the U.S., Say Researchers
- Law 101: Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)