Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprostadil 125mcg, 250mcg, 500mcg, 1000mcg; urethral suppository.
Indications for MUSE:
Supervise titration. Initially 125–250mcg inserted in urethra after urination; adjust dose in stepwise manner on separate occasions; max 2 supps/day.
Urethral stricture. Balanitis. Severe hypospadias and curvature. Acute or chronic urethritis. Predisposition to venous thrombosis (eg, sickle cell anemia or trait). Hyperviscosity syndrome. Patients for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated. If partner is pregnant, use condom; if partner is of childbearing age, use contraception.
Exclude reversible causes. Hypotension. Bleeding disorders. Priapism. Pregnancy (Cat.C): see Contraindications.
Effect attenuated by drugs that interfere with erectile function (eg, decongestants). Caution with anticoagulants.
Penile, urethral, or testicular pain, urethral burning, minor urethral bleeding/spotting, dizziness, hypotension, flu symptoms, rhinitis, others. Infrequent: priapism. Partners: vaginal burning/itching.
- 1000mcg suppositorys (Qty:6)
- appx. price $369.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Flu Vaccine Recalled Due to Sub-Potency
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity