Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosfomycin (as tromethamine) 3g; granules for ingestion after dissolution; single-dose sachets; mandarin-orange flavor; contains sucrose.
Indications for MONUROL:
Uncomplicated susceptible UTIs in women.
Females ≥18yrs: Mix contents of 1 sachet (3g) with 3–4oz of water (do not use hot water); drink immediately. Max 1 dose/episode.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Serum levels and urinary excretion may be lowered by drugs that increase GI motility (eg, metoclopramide).
GI upset, headache, rhinitis, back pain, pharyngitis, dizziness, abdominal pain, asthenia, rash.
- 3g packets (Qty:1)
- appx. price $72.00
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Too Much of This Mineral May Lead to Increased Appetite, Overeating
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link