Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosfomycin (as tromethamine) 3g; granules for ingestion after dissolution; single-dose sachets; mandarin-orange flavor; contains sucrose.
Indications for MONUROL:
Uncomplicated susceptible UTIs in women.
Females ≥18yrs: Mix contents of 1 sachet (3g) with 3–4oz of water (do not use hot water); drink immediately. Max 1 dose/episode.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Serum levels and urinary excretion may be lowered by drugs that increase GI motility (e.g., metoclopramide).
GI upset, headache, rhinitis, back pain, pharyngitis, dizziness, abdominal pain, asthenia, rash.
- 3g packets (Qty:3)
- appx. price $178.00
- Over 50 FDA-Approved Meds Could Treat Ebola Infection
- Pharmacy Employees Arrested, Charged in Meningitis Outbreak
- How Effective Are Neuraminidase Inhibitors in Containing Flu?
- Ondansetron, Tramadol Drug Interaction Identified
- Pain Management in Patients with IBD: Individualizing Treatment Approaches