Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg; caps.
Indications for MICROZIDE:
12.5mg once daily; usual max 50mg/day.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Arrhythmia. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. SLE. Parathyroid disease. Excessive fluid loss. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Potassium supplements or K+-sparing diuretics may be needed. Discontinue if electrolyte disorders develop rapidly. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May cause digitalis, lithium toxicity. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids, amphotericin B increase hypokalemia risk. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants. Antagonized by NSAIDs. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. May antagonize norepinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Additive effects with other antihypertensives.
Electrolyte disorders (esp. hypokalemia), hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, photosensitivity, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances, adverse lipid values.
- 12.5mg capsules (Qty:90)
- appx. price $114.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?