Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg; caps.
Indications for MICROZIDE:
12.5mg once daily; usual max 50mg/day.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Arrhythmia. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. SLE. Parathyroid disease. Excessive fluid loss. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Potassium supplements or K+-sparing diuretics may be needed. Discontinue if electrolyte disorders develop rapidly. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May cause digitalis, lithium toxicity. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids, amphotericin B increase hypokalemia risk. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants. Antagonized by NSAIDs. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. May antagonize norepinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Additive effects with other antihypertensives.
Electrolyte disorders (esp. hypokalemia), hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, photosensitivity, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances, adverse lipid values.
- 12.5mg capsules (Qty:90)
- appx. price $116.00
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies