Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg; caps.
Indications for MICROZIDE:
12.5mg once daily; usual max 50mg/day.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Arrhythmia. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. SLE. Parathyroid disease. Excessive fluid loss. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Potassium supplements or K+-sparing diuretics may be needed. Discontinue if electrolyte disorders develop rapidly. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May cause digitalis, lithium toxicity. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids, amphotericin B increase hypokalemia risk. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants. Antagonized by NSAIDs. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. May antagonize norepinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Additive effects with other antihypertensives.
Electrolyte disorders (esp. hypokalemia), hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, photosensitivity, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances, adverse lipid values.
- 12.5mg capsules (Qty:90)
- appx. price $117.00
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch