Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg; caps.
Indications for MICROZIDE:
12.5mg once daily; usual max 50mg/day.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Arrhythmia. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. SLE. Parathyroid disease. Excessive fluid loss. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Potassium supplements or K+-sparing diuretics may be needed. Discontinue if electrolyte disorders develop rapidly. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May cause digitalis, lithium toxicity. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. ACTH, corticosteroids, amphotericin B increase hypokalemia risk. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants. Antagonized by NSAIDs. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. May antagonize norepinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid tests. Additive effects with other antihypertensives.
Electrolyte disorders (esp. hypokalemia), hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, photosensitivity, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances, adverse lipid values.
- 12.5mg capsules (Qty:90)
- appx. price $117.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity