Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
- New Clinical Practice Guideline Details Menopausal Therapy Options
- For Genitourinary Menopausal Symptoms, Method of Tx Matters for Adherence
- Novel Antibiotic Fast Tracked for Bacterial Vaginosis
Indications for METROGEL-VAGINAL:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Abstain from vaginal intercourse during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Superinfection, local irritation, GI discomfort/upset, headache, abnormal taste, dizziness, decreased appetite, change in WBC counts.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
- 70g of 0.75% gel packages (Qty:1)
- appx. price $287.00
- Single-Dose Antibiotic for ABSSSI, Including MRSA, Accepted for Review
- Palivizumab Found to Reduce Hospitalizations Due to Severe RSV-Associated Acute Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
- Combo Tx Doesn't Improve Survival in Patients with Gram-Negative Bloodstream Infections
- Consider Cefazolin to Reduce Mortality in MSSA Bacteremia, Study Suggests
- Prophylactic RSV Immunization Protects Preemies from Hospitalization, Mechanical Respiration