LUPRON DEPOT-6 MONTH 45mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 45mg; depot susp for IM inj.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-6 MONTH 45mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
45mg as single IM inj every 6 months (24 weeks). Do not split doses.
Women. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Metastatic vertebral lesions. Urinary obstruction. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA, acid phosphatase. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Risk of QT prolongation: long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities, or CHF, and concomitant Class IA or III antiarrhythmics. Instruct patient on correct self administration.
Concomitant Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval.
Hot flashes/sweats, inj site reaction, initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, urinary tract obstruction, hematuria), edema, GI upset, pain, cardiovascular events, CNS and antiandrogenic effects, asthenia, spinal cord compression; hyperglycemia, anaphylactoid, photosensitivity.
Depot kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. supplies)
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children