LUPRON DEPOT-6 MONTH 45mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 45mg; depot susp for IM inj.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-6 MONTH 45mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
45mg as single IM inj every 6 months (24 weeks). Do not split doses.
Metastatic vertebral lesions. Urinary obstruction. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA, acid phosphatase. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. History of seizures. Risk of QT prolongation: long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities, or CHF. Correct and monitor electrolyte abnormalities; consider monitoring ECGs. Instruct patient on correct self administration. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval.
Hot flashes/sweats, inj site reaction, initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, urinary tract obstruction, hematuria), edema, GI disorders, pain, cardiovascular events, CNS and antiandrogenic effects, asthenia, testicular atrophy, urinary disorders, spinal cord compression; hyperglycemia, anaphylactoid, photosensitivity.
Depot kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?