Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlordiazepoxide HCl 5mg, clidinium bromide 2.5mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for LIBRAX:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer. Irritable bowel syndrome.
1–2 caps 3–4 times daily before meals and at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: max 2 caps daily initially, then may increase gradually.
Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction.
Unstable cardiovascular status. Paralytic ileus or intestinal atony. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Reflux esophagitis. Porphyria. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired hepatic or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Test hepatic function and blood counts in prolonged use. Drug abusers. Suicidal tendencies. High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant antacids may inhibit absorption. Drowsiness potentiated by other CNS depressants, alcohol. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotic analgesics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics. Avoid other psychotropic agents.
Benzodiazepine + anticholinergic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement, ataxia, confusion. Jaundice, blood dyscrasias (rare).
- 5mg/2.5mg capsules (Qty:90)
- appx. price $3399.00
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- Many Pregnant Women Lacking in Element Linked to Cognition in Offspring
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link
- Severe, Persistent Joint Pain Warning Issued for Diabetes Drug Class
- Rapid Reversal Seen With Idarucizumab in Pradaxa-Treated Patients
- Positive Phase 3 Results for New Cholesterol Tx Presented
- Elotuzumab BLA Given Priority Review for Multiple Myeloma
- Fewer Side Effects Seen With Half-Dose Diuretic Combo vs. Single Diuretic
- Newer Genetic Testing Technologies May Help Autism Dx in Children