Generic Name and Formulations:
Vardenafil (as HCl) 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg; tabs.
Bayer and GlaxoSmithKline
Indications for LEVITRA:
Take once daily as needed, about 1hr before sexual activity. Initially 10mg; range: 5–20mg. Elderly (≥65yrs): initially 5mg. Moderate hepatic impairment: initially 5mg; max 10mg. Concomitant ketoconazole 200mg or itraconazole 200mg daily, or erythromycin: max 5mg. Concomitant indinavir, saquinavir, atazanavir, ketoconazole 400mg or itraconazole 400mg daily, clarithromycin: max 2.5mg. Concomitant ritonavir: max 2.5mg/72hrs. Concomitant α-blocker: initially 5mg/day.
Concomitant nitrates, or nitric oxide donors. Concomitant guanylate cyclase (GC) stimulators (eg, riociguat).
Not for use in women. Confirm diagnosis before therapy. Congenital QT prolongation: avoid use. Cardiovascular disease (eg, MI, stroke or life-threatening arrhythmia within 6 months; systolic BP <90mmHg or BP >170/110mmHg; unstable angina, LV outflow obstruction, severe heart failure), severe hepatic impairment, on renal dialysis, retinitis pigmentosa and related retinal disorders: not recommended. Anatomical penile deformation. Predisposition to priapism. Underlying non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy risk factors. Advise patients to discontinue if sudden vision or hearing loss occurs. Patients for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated. Bleeding disorders. Active peptic ulcer. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
See Contraindications. Hypotension with nitrates, GC stimulators. Avoid Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics, others that cause QT prolongation. Additive hypotensive effects with concomitant α-blockers, other antihypertensives; caution. Potentiated by moderate or potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, indinavir, saquinavir, atazanavir, ritonavir, grapefruit juice). Concomitant other erectile dysfunction treatments: not recommended.
Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (cGMP-specific).
Headache, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia, sinusitis, flu syndrome, dizziness, increased creatine kinase, nausea, back pain, sudden vision or hearing loss, cardiovascular effects; rare: priapism, prolonged erection.
- 20mg tablets (Qty:10)
- appx. price $428.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- New Study Proposes Strategies for Pain Control After Total Knee Replacement
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- FDA to Review Rexulti as Maintenance Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Case Illustrates Impact of Dabigatran-Phenytoin Interaction
- Real-World Data on Retreating HCV Patients With NS5A Inhibitor Failure