Generic Name and Formulations:
Vardenafil (as HCl) 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg; tabs.
Bayer and GlaxoSmithKline
Indications for LEVITRA:
Take once daily, about 1hr before sexual activity. Initially 10mg; range: 5–20mg. Elderly (≥65yrs): initially 5mg. Moderate hepatic impairment: initially 5mg; max 10mg. Concomitant ketoconazole 200mg or itraconazole 200mg daily, or erythromycin: max 5mg. Concomitant indinavir, saquinavir, atazanavir, ketoconazole 400mg or itraconazole 400mg daily, clarithromycin: max 2.5mg. Concomitant ritonavir: max 2.5mg/72hrs. Concomitant α-blocker: initially 5mg/day.
Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (cGMP-specific).
Concomitant nitrates, or nitric oxide donors (eg, sodium nitroprusside).
Not for use in women. Confirm diagnosis before therapy. Congenital QT prolongation: avoid use. Cardiovascular disease (eg, MI, stroke or life-threatening arrhythmia within 6 months; systolic BP <90mmHg or BP >170/110mmHg; unstable angina, LV outflow obstruction, impaired autonomic regulation of BP, severe heart failure), severe hepatic impairment, on renal dialysis, retinitis pigmentosa and related retinal disorders: not recommended. Anatomical penile deformation. Predisposition to priapism. History of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION). "Crowded" optic disc. Patients for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated. Bleeding disorders. Active peptic ulcer. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
See Contraindications. Avoid Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics, others that cause QT prolongation. Hypotension with nitrates, α-blockers, other antihypertensives; caution. Plasma levels increased by moderate or potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, indinavir, saquinavir, atazanavir, ritonavir, grapefruit juice). Concomitant other erectile dysfunction treatments: not recommended.
Headache, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia, sinusitis, flu syndrome, dizziness, increased creatine kinase, nausea, back pain, sudden vision or hearing loss (discontinue if occurs), cardiovascular effects (eg, hypotension, tachycardia); rare: priapism, prolonged erection, NAION.
- 20mg tablets (Qty:10)
- appx. price $346.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity