Generic Name and Formulations:
Carfilzomib 60mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for KYPROLIS:
Treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received at least two prior therapies including bortezomib and an immunomodulatory agent and have demonstrated disease progression on or within 60 days of completion of the last therapy.
See literature. Premedicate with dexamethasone prior to all Cycle 1 doses, during 1st dose escalation and if infusion reactions occur. Give by IV over 2–10 minutes, on two consecutive days each week for 3 weeks (Days 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, and 16), followed by a 12-day rest period (Days 17–28). In Cycle 1: 20mg/m2 per each dose, if tolerated increase to 27mg/m2 starting in Cycle 2 and subsequent cycles; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity occurs. On dialysis: give dose after session. Toxicity dose modification: see literature.
Risk of cardiac complications (eg, CHF, MI, pulmonary edema); monitor and manage promptly if occurs. Pulmonary hypertension; if suspected, withold therapy until resolved; may consider restarting after reevaluate. Monitor for dyspnea or tumor lysis syndrome, and manage promptly if occurs; interrupt therapy until resolved. Maintain adequate hydration. Monitor platelets frequently during therapy. Hepatic impairment (monitor enzymes). Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Fatigue, anemia, nausea, thrombocytopenia, dyspnea, diarrhea, pyrexia; cardiac events, pulmonary HTN, infusion reactions, tumor lysis syndrome, hepatic toxicity/failure.
Single use vial—1
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Two Older Antibiotics Effective Against Community-Acquired MRSA, Says New Research
- Over 50,000 Bottles of Cholesterol Drug Recalled
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- New Duodenoscope Cleaning Instructions Issued for Reprocessing Procedure
- Educating Clinicians on Safe Opioid Prescribing Part of New HHS Program
- Targeted Immunotherapy for Alzheimer's Could Reverse Memory Problems
- NIH: HIV Can Evolve, Replicate in Brain During Early Infection
- Comparing Roseroot Herb, Sertraline for MDD Treatment