Generic Name and Formulations:
Cephalexin 250mg, 500mg, 750mg; caps.
Indications for KEFLEX:
Susceptible infections including otitis media, skin and skin structure, bone, respiratory or genitourinary tract.
1–4g/day in divided doses. Usual dose: 250mg every 6hrs. Strep pharyngitis, skin and skin structure, and uncomplicated cystitis (>15yrs of age): 500mg every 12hrs. Treat cystitis for 7–14 days. Max 4g/day.
25–50mg/kg per day in divided doses; max 100mg/kg per day. Otitis media: 75–100mg/kg per day in 4 divided doses. Strep pharyngitis (>1yr of age) or skin and skin structure: may give in 2 divided doses every 12hrs.
Penicillin or other allergy. Severe renal dysfunction. GI disease (esp. colitis). Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates metformin (monitor and adjust metformin dose). Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) Coomb's test or glucose test with Clinitest or Benedict's or Fehling's soln.
Diarrhea, other GI disturbances, dizziness, fatigue, headache, hypersensitivity reactions, itch; rare: blood dyscrasias, elevated liver enzymes.
Caps 250mg, 500mg—20, 100; 750mg—50
- 250mg capsules (Qty:120)
- appx. price $936.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Study: Pregnant, Breastfeeding Women Not Consuming Enough of This Nutrient
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children