Generic Name and Formulations:
Cephalexin 250mg, 500mg, 750mg; caps.
Indications for KEFLEX:
Susceptible infections including otitis media, skin and skin structure, bone, respiratory or genitourinary tract.
1–4g/day in divided doses. Usual dose: 250mg every 6hrs. Strep pharyngitis, skin and skin structure, and uncomplicated cystitis (>15yrs of age): 500mg every 12hrs. Treat cystitis for 7–14 days. Max 4g/day.
25–50mg/kg per day in divided doses; max 100mg/kg per day. Otitis media: 75–100mg/kg per day in 4 divided doses. Strep pharyngitis (>1yr of age) or skin and skin structure: may give in 2 divided doses every 12hrs.
Penicillin or other allergy. Severe renal dysfunction. GI disease (esp. colitis). Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates metformin (monitor and adjust metformin dose). Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) Coomb's test or glucose test with Clinitest or Benedict's or Fehling's soln.
Diarrhea, other GI disturbances, dizziness, fatigue, headache, hypersensitivity reactions, itch; rare: blood dyscrasias, elevated liver enzymes.
Caps 250mg, 500mg—20, 100; 750mg—50
- 250mg capsules (Qty:120)
- appx. price $935.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Comorbidities May Significantly Up Mortality Risk in MS Patients
- An Approach to Consider for Type 2 Diabetes Therapy Starts Here
- Treating Beta-Blocker Overdose When First-Line Therapies Fail
- NABP Hopes .Pharmacy Domain Will Help Weed Out Illegal Online Pharmacies
- Gene Mutation in MS Sheds Light on Movement, Balance Disorders