KAOPECTATE LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; regular (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), peppermint (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), and cherry flavor (contains Na+ 10mg).
Indications for KAOPECTATE LIQUID:
30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed. Max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Liq (regular, peppermint)—8oz, 12oz; Liq (cherry)—6oz; Extra strength liq—8oz, 12oz
- Invasive Meningococcal Disease: A Review for Clinicians
- Study: Triple Therapy No Better Than Dual for Acute MI, A-Fib
- SSRI in Pregnancy Linked to Fewer Preterm Births, But Increase in Other Risks
- Sublingual Immunotherapy Linked to Clinical Benefits in HIV
- Liquid Nicotine From E-Cigs Poses Poison Danger to Kids