Generic Name and Formulations:
Timolol (as maleate) 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for ISTALOL:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1 drop in affected eye(s) once daily in the AM.
Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. Bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. History of bronchospasm. Not for use as a sole agent in angle-closure glaucoma.
History of cardiac failure. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure, and before surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Diabetes. May mask hypoglycemia, thyrotoxicosis. Myasthenia gravis. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 15 min after instillation). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid other topical β-blockers. May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine, hypoglycemics, and mydriatic effect of topical epinephrine. May be potentiated by quinidine. May cause conduction defects with digoxin, calcium channel blockers (avoid concomitant use in impaired cardiac function).
Local irritation (burning, stinging), blurred vision, cataract, conjunctival injection, infection, headache, hypertension, itching. Systemic β-blocker effects (eg, bronchospasm, bradycardia, cardiac failure, muscle weakness).
- 5ml of 0.5% eye droppers (Qty:1)
- appx. price $288.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity