ICAR PEDIATRIC SUSP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as carbonyl) 15mg/1.25mL; grape flavor; sugar- and alcohol-free.
Indications for ICAR PEDIATRIC SUSP:
Iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia.
1 tab once daily.
Use Ped Susp. 15mg (of iron) once daily.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count periodically. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline absorption. Aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids inhibit iron absorption.
Nausea, abdominal discomfort and pain, constipation, diarrhea, masks occult bleeding, black stools.
Ped Susp—4oz (w. dosing syringe)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic