Hydroxyzine HCl Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydroxyzine HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydroxyzine HCl:
25 mg 3–4 times daily.
<6yrs: 50mg daily. ≥6yrs: 50–100mg daily. Both in divided doses.
Early pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, tremor, convulsions.
Formerly known under the brand name Atarax.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Best Treatments for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Reported in New Study
- FDA Approves First Seasonal Flu Vaccine with Adjuvant
- Review Questions Benefits of Common ADHD Med
- Results for Lyrica in Post-Traumatic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain Announced