Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 7.5mg, acetaminophen 325mg; per 15mL soln; contains alcohol (7%); tropical fruit punch flavor.
Indications for HYCET:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
Administer with calibrated measuring device. ≥14yrs (≥46kg): 15mL every 4–6 hours as needed; max 90mL/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. Administer with calibrated measuring device. Dosing should be based on weight (0.27mL/kg). 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 3.75mL. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 5mL. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 7.5mL. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 10mL. All: give every 4–6 hours as needed; max: 6 doses/day.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. Severe renal or hepatic disease: monitor liver and renal function tests periodically. GI or GU obstruction. Post-op use. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C) (neonatal withdrawal syndrome). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, antihistamines, antipsychotics, antianxiety drugs). May potentiate or be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants.
Opioid + analgesic.
CNS/respiratory/circulatory depression, hypotension, dizziness, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention, rash; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Soln—473mL (1 pint)
- 7.5mg/325mg/15ml oral solutions (Qty:360)
- appx. price $146.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?