Generic Name and Formulations:
Carmustine 7.7mg, polifeprosan 20; per wafer.
Indications for GLIADEL:
Newly-diagnosed high-grade malignant glioma as an adjunct to surgery and radiation. Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme as an adjunct to surgery.
See literature. Place 8 wafers (61.6mg) in the resection cavity if the size and shape of it allows; max 8 wafers per surgical procedure.
Avoid communication between surgical resection cavity and ventricular system to prevent wafer from migrating and causing obstructive hydrocephalus. If communication larger than diameter of wafer exists, it should be closed prior to wafer implantation. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Abdominal pain, back pain, chest pain, intracranial hypertension, abnormal healing, brain edema, meningitis or abscess; intracerebral mass effect.
Single-dose treatment box (8 wafers)—1
- 7.7mg implants (Qty:1)
- appx. price $3711.00
- Invasive Meningococcal Disease: A Review for Clinicians
- Study: Triple Therapy No Better Than Dual for Acute MI, A-Fib
- SSRI in Pregnancy Linked to Fewer Preterm Births, But Increase in Other Risks
- Sublingual Immunotherapy Linked to Clinical Benefits in HIV
- Liquid Nicotine From E-Cigs Poses Poison Danger to Kids