Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Gentamicin sulfate (equivalent to 3mg gentamicin per mL); contains benzalkonium chloride.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution:
Susceptible bacterial infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
1 or 2 drops in affected eye(s) every 4 hours. Severe infections: Up to 2 drops once every hour.
Discontinue if purulent discharge, inflammation or pain develops. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Ocular burning/irritation, non-specific conjunctivitis, conjunctival epithelial defects, conjunctival hyperemia, bacterial and fungal corneal ulcers; rare: allergic reactions, thrombocytopenic purpura, hallucinations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?