Generic Name and Formulations:
Tiagabine HCl 2mg, 4mg, 12mg, 16mg; tabs.
Indications for GABITRIL:
Adjunct in partial seizures.
Take with food. Use lower doses and titrate slower if not on concomitant enzyme-inducing drug(s). 12–18yrs: 4mg once daily for 1 week; may increase to 8mg/day in 2 divided doses for 1 week; then may increase by 4–8mg weekly to clinical response or up to 32mg/day in 2–4 divided doses. ≥18yrs: 4mg once daily for 1 week; may increase by 4–8mg weekly to clinical response or up to 56mg/day in 2–4 divided doses.
Hepatic impairment: reduce dose. Reduce dose or discontinue if generalized weakness occurs. Adjust dose if spike and wave discharges on EEG with cognitive or neuropsychiatric events occur. Suicidal tendencies (monitor). Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
CNS depression potentiated by alcohol, triazolam, other CNS depressants. Tiagabine levels reduced by enzyme inducers (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, primidone, phenobarbital). May interact with valproate (monitor). May affect or be affected by highly protein bound drugs.
GABA reuptake inhibitor.
Dizziness, asthenia, somnolence, fatigue, GI upset/pain, nervousness, tremor, abdominal pain, concentration difficulties, dysphasia, confusion, other CNS effects, serious rash; possible long-term ophthalmologic effects.
- 16mg tablets (Qty:20)
- appx. price $245.00
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- Nasal Allergy Spray Currently Unavailable
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- SVR12 Rates Higher in Treatment-Naïve, Noncirrhotic Patients with HCV/HIV
- ATV+c or ATV+r With FTC/TDF: Effective Options for All Patients with HIV?
- Concurrent 3-Vaccine Administration Can Cover 5 Serogroups in Meningococcal Disease
- Study Urges Adding Routine Probiotic Prophylaxis for ELBW Infants
- Investigational IV Delafloxacin Effective in Obese Patients with ABSSSI