Generic Name and Formulations:
Genistein (as aglycone) 27mg, citrated zinc (as bisglycinate) 20mg, cholecalciferol (Vit.D3) 200IU; caps; lactose-, gluten-free; contains soy.
Indications for FOSTEUM:
Dietary management of osteopenia and osteoporosis.
1 cap twice daily; supplement with calcium and Vit.D3 as needed.
History of breast or reproductive organ cancer. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Not for treatment of Vit.D deficiency. Women who have 1st degree female relative with history of breast or reproductive cancer. Women capable of becoming pregnant (use adequate contraception). Males: not recommended. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Conditions associated with overproduction of calcitriol (eg, leukemia, lymphoma, sarcoidosis) or signs/symptoms of Vit.D toxicity; monitor urine and serum calcium. Long-term supplementation or high-doses of zinc-containing products: monitor zinc and copper levels. GI malabsorption; may need higher Vit.D3 doses (monitor). Ensure adequate calcium and Vit.D3 intake.
Concomitant HRT, SERMs: not recommended. Vit.D3 absorption may be decreased by bile acid sequestrants, mineral oil, orlistat, olestra. Cimetidine, thiazides, anticonvulsants may increase Vit.D3 catabolism.
Abdominal and epigastric pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, constipation.
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response