Generic Name and Formulations:
Genistein (as aglycone) 27mg, citrated zinc (as bisglycinate) 20mg, cholecalciferol (Vit.D3) 200IU; caps; lactose-, gluten-free; contains soy.
Indications for FOSTEUM:
Dietary management of osteopenia and osteoporosis.
1 cap twice daily; supplement with calcium and Vit.D3 as needed.
History of breast or reproductive organ cancer. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Not for treatment of Vit.D deficiency. Women who have 1st degree female relative with history of breast or reproductive cancer. Women capable of becoming pregnant (use adequate contraception). Males: not recommended. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Conditions associated with overproduction of calcitriol (eg, leukemia, lymphoma, sarcoidosis) or signs/symptoms of Vit.D toxicity; monitor urine and serum calcium. Long-term supplementation or high-doses of zinc-containing products: monitor zinc and copper levels. GI malabsorption; may need higher Vit.D3 doses (monitor). Ensure adequate calcium and Vit.D3 intake.
Concomitant HRT, SERMs: not recommended. Vit.D3 absorption may be decreased by bile acid sequestrants, mineral oil, orlistat, olestra. Cimetidine, thiazides, anticonvulsants may increase Vit.D3 catabolism.
Abdominal and epigastric pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, constipation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?