Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitonin-salmon (rDNA origin) 200 IU/spray; nasal spray.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for FORTICAL:
Limitations Of use:
Not shown to increase BMD in early postmenopausal women.
1 spray (200Units) in alternating nostrils daily.
Correct hypocalcemia and other disorders (eg, Vit. D deficiency) prior to initiating; monitor serum calcium during therapy. Supplement diet with calcium (1g/day) and Vit. D (400 IU/day); reevaluate periodically. Seizures. Do periodic nasal exams; discontinue if severe nasal ulceration occurs. Increased risk of malignancies. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May antagonize lithium; adjust dose.
Rhinitis, epistaxis, other nasal symptoms, back pain, arthralgia, headache; hypersensitivity reactions, antibody formation.
Nasal spray (3.7mL)—1 (30 doses)
- 3.7ml of 200iu/spray nasal sprays (Qty:1)
- appx. price $70.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?