Generic Name and Formulations:
Piroxicam 10mg, 20mg; caps.
Indications for FELDENE:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
20mg daily. May give in 2 divided doses.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. History of upper GI disease. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Cardiac failure. Bleeding disorders. Hypertension. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Discontinue if liver dysfunction occurs. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate lithium (monitor for toxicity), methotrexate, oral anticoagulants, other highly-protein bound drugs. Diuretics increase risk of renal disorders. Aspirin reduces serum levels.
Peptic ulcer, GI bleeding or perforation, peripheral edema, anemia, serum sickness, nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, jaundice, hepatitis, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
- 20mg capsules (Qty:30)
- appx. price $276.00
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch