Generic Name and Formulations:
Piroxicam 10mg, 20mg; caps.
Indications for FELDENE:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
Adult Dose for FELDENE:
20mg daily. May give in 2 divided doses.
Children's Dose for FELDENE:
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. History of upper GI disease. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Cardiac failure. Bleeding disorders. Hypertension. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Discontinue if liver dysfunction occurs. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate lithium (monitor for toxicity), methotrexate, oral anticoagulants, other highly-protein bound drugs. Diuretics increase risk of renal disorders. Aspirin reduces serum levels.
Peptic ulcer, GI bleeding or perforation, peripheral edema, anemia, serum sickness, nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, jaundice, hepatitis, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
- 20mg capsules (Qty:30)
- appx. price $230.00
- Can Wearables for Babies Help Prevent SIDS?
- Most Excessive Drinkers Don't Meet Alcohol Dependence Criteria
- Carcinogen from Hookah Smoke Harmful, Even in Secondhand Exposure
- Refined vs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Is One Better for Cardiovascular Health?
- Digoxin and Incident A-Fib: New Results on Mortality, Hospitalization Risk