Generic Name and Formulations:
Piroxicam 10mg, 20mg; caps.
Indications for FELDENE:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
20mg daily. May give in 2 divided doses.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. History of upper GI disease. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Cardiac failure. Bleeding disorders. Hypertension. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Discontinue if liver dysfunction occurs. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate lithium (monitor for toxicity), methotrexate, oral anticoagulants, other highly-protein bound drugs. Diuretics increase risk of renal disorders. Aspirin reduces serum levels.
Peptic ulcer, GI bleeding or perforation, peripheral edema, anemia, serum sickness, nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, jaundice, hepatitis, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
- 10mg capsules (Qty:30)
- appx. price $153.00
- Acetaminophen: Does It Reduce Both Pain and Pleasure?
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Many Taking Daily Aspirin May Not Need It, Reports Study
- Heart Attack Risk Rises After Divorce
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research