Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin (as base) 250mg, 333mg, 500mg; e-c tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ERY-TAB:
Susceptible infections including upper and lower respiratory, skin and soft tissue, genitourinary, Legionnaires' disease, pertussis, listeriosis.
250mg every 6 hours, 500mg every 12 hours, or 333mg every 8 hours; max 4g/day; twice daily dosing max 1g/day. Legionnaires: 1–4g/day in divided doses.
30–50mg/kg/day in divided doses; max 100mg/kg/day.
Concomitant cisapride, pimozide.
Hepatic dysfunction. Myasthenia gravis. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, carbamazepine, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, hexobarbital, phenytoin, alfentanil, disopyramide, bromocriptine, valproate). May potentiate warfarin, triazolam, midazolam, methylprednisolone, digoxin, theophylline, ergotamine. Avoid use with statins (rhabdomyolysis).
GI upset, abdominal pain, anorexia, hepatic dysfunction, rash, superinfection; pseudomembranous colitis, (rare).
250mg—30, 40, 100, 500; 333mg—30, 100, 500; 500mg—100
- 333mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $241.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic