Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin (as base) 250mg, 333mg, 500mg; e-c tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ERY-TAB:
Susceptible infections including upper and lower respiratory, skin and soft tissue, genitourinary, Legionnaires' disease, pertussis, listeriosis.
250mg every 6 hours, 500mg every 12 hours, or 333mg every 8 hours; max 4g/day; twice daily dosing max 1g/day. Legionnaires: 1–4g/day in divided doses.
30–50mg/kg/day in divided doses; max 100mg/kg/day.
Concomitant cisapride, pimozide.
Hepatic dysfunction. Myasthenia gravis. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs metabolized by CYP450 (e.g., carbamazepine, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, hexobarbital, phenytoin, alfentanil, disopyramide, bromocriptine, valproate). May potentiate warfarin, triazolam, midazolam, methylprednisolone, digoxin, theophylline, ergotamine. Avoid use with statins (rhabdomyolysis).
GI upset, abdominal pain, anorexia, hepatic dysfunction, rash, superinfection; pseudomembranous colitis, (rare).
250mg—30, 40, 100, 500; 333mg—30, 100, 500; 500mg—100
- 250mg tablets (Qty:60)
- appx. price $316.00
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Heart Rate May Be an Indicator of Future Diabetes Risk
- Probiotic Mixture VSL#3 Shows Promise for Crohn's Recurrence
- Study: Beloranib Appears Safe, Efficacious for Weight Loss in Obesity
- Progress Toward Mind-Controlled Robotic Limbs
- Response to Resistance Exercise Depends on a Person's Genetic Risk for Obesity