Generic Name and Formulations:
Anidulafungin 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free; contains fructose and mannitol.
Indications for ERAXIS:
Candidemia. Esophageal candidiasis. Other Candida infections (intra-abdominal abscess, peritonitis).
Give by IV infusion; max rate 1.1mg/minute. Candidiasis, intra-abdominal abscess, peritonitis: 200mg on day 1, then 100mg/day for at least 14 days after last positive culture. Esophageal candidiasis: 100mg on day 1, then 50mg/day for at least 14 days and at least 7 days after symptom resolution.
≤16yrs: not established.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Follow-up if hepatic dysfunction develops. Discontinue and treat appropriately if anaphylactic reactions occur. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Hypokalemia, GI upset, pyrexia, insomnia, anemia, headache, dyspepsia; hepatic effects, infusion reactions, anaphylactic reactions.
Fecal, renal (minor).
- 50mg vials (Qty:14)
- appx. price $1297.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children