Generic Name and Formulations:
Progesterone (micronized) 100mg; vaginal insert.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ENDOMETRIN:
To support embryo implantation and early pregnancy by supplementation of corpus luteal function as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) treatment program for infertile women.
100mg vaginally 2 or 3 times daily starting at oocyte retrieval for up to 10 weeks total duration. ≥35yrs: efficacy not clearly established; see literature.
Breast carcinoma. Liver dysfunction or disease. Missed abortion. Ectopic pregnancy. Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders.
Depression. Discontinue if signs of thrombotic disorders (eg, thrombophlebitis, cerebrovascular disorders, pulmonary embolism, retinal thrombosis) occur. Pregnancy outcome: see literature. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other vaginal products (eg, antifungals): not recommended.
GI upset, abdominal pain, post-oocyte retrieval pain, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, headache, uterine spasm, vaginal bleeding, fatigue, urinary tract infection.
Inserts—21 (w. applicators)
- 100mg inserts (Qty:21)
- appx. price $209.00
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies