Generic Name and Formulations:
Progesterone (micronized) 100mg; vaginal insert.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ENDOMETRIN:
To support embryo implantation and early pregnancy by supplementation of corpus luteal function as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) treatment program for infertile women.
100mg vaginally 2 or 3 times daily starting at oocyte retrieval for up to 10 weeks total duration. ≥35yrs: efficacy not clearly established; see literature.
Breast carcinoma. Liver dysfunction or disease. Missed abortion. Ectopic pregnancy. Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders.
Depression. Discontinue if signs of thrombotic disorders (eg, thrombophlebitis, cerebrovascular disorders, pulmonary embolism, retinal thrombosis) occur. Pregnancy outcome: see literature. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other vaginal products (eg, antifungals): not recommended.
GI upset, abdominal pain, post-oocyte retrieval pain, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, headache, uterine spasm, vaginal bleeding, fatigue, urinary tract infection.
Inserts—21 (w. applicators)
- 100mg inserts (Qty:21)
- appx. price $209.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response