Drugs in the Pipeline
Aduro Biotech announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Orphan Drug designation to CRS-207 for the treatment of mesothelioma.
Researchers have published results from the first Phase 1 trial of an Ebola vaccine developed based on the 2014 Zaire Guinea Ebola strain in The Lancet.
Teikoku Pharma USA announced that it has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Docetaxel Injection Concentrate, Non-Alcohol Formula for the treatment of breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), prostate cancer, gastric adenocarcinoma, and head and neck cancer.
Merck announced results from the Phase 3 KEYNOTE-006 study investigating Keytruda (pembrolizumab) vs. ipilimumab in the first-line treatment of patients with advanced melanoma.
Pfizer and Eli Lilly and Company announced that they are preparing to resume the Phase 3 clinical pain program for tanezumab.
Pfizer announced results from two Phase 3 studies from the Oral treatment Psoriasis Trials (OPT) program for tofacitinib citrate in adults with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
Celgene announced results from the ESTEEM Phase 3 clinical program for Otezla (apremilast) in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
Galderma announced positive Phase 3 results for adapalene 0.3%/benzoyl peroxide 2.5% (0.3% A/BPO) topical gel.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Orphan Drug designation to tacrolimus (SPI-026; Selten Pharma) for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Results have been announced from a pre-planned interim analysis of the Phase 3 HELIOS (CLL3001) trial studying the combination of Imbruvica (ibrutinib; Pharmacyclics and Janssen Biotech) plus bendamustine and rituximab (BR) vs. placebo plus BR in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) or small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL).
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Study: Pregnant, Breastfeeding Women Not Consuming Enough of This Nutrient
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children