Drugs in the Pipeline
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a Complete Response Letter for the supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) of Kalydeco (ivacaftor; Vertex) in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) ≥2 years old who have one of 23 residual function mutations in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene.
Amgen announced positive top-line data from the Phase 3 GAUSS-3 study evaluating Repatha (evolocumab) in statin-intolerant patients with high cholesterol.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a Complete Response Letter to the Biologics License Application (BLA) for MCNA (Telesta Therapeutics) in the treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC).
TapImmune announced that the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation for its cancer vaccine TPIV 200 in the treatment of ovarian cancer.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to NDI-010976 (Nimbus Therapeutics) for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
Synergy Pharmaceuticals announced the submission of its first New Drug Application (NDA) to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for plecanatide for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC).
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to Ryanodex (dantrolene sodium; Eagle) injectable suspension for the treatment of exertional heat stroke (EHS).
Jazz Pharmaceuticals announced positive data from the Phase 3 pivotal study of defibrotide in patients with hepatic veno-occlusive disease (VOD) with multi-organ failure (MOF) post-hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT). Findings were published online in Blood, the Journal of the American Society of Hematology (ASH).
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation to IMC-1 (Innovative Med Concepts) for the treatment of fibromyalgia.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to the investigational drug rapastinel (GLYX-13; Allergan) for the adjunctive treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD).
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic