- Daiichi Sankyo
- Edoxaban 15mg, 30mg, 60mg; tablets.
- To reduce the risk of stroke and systemic embolism (SE) in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF). Treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE) following 5–10 days of initial therapy with parenteral anticoagulant. Limitations of use: not for use in NVAF patients with CrCl >95mL/min.
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Ticagrelor 90mg; tablets.
- To reduce the rate of thrombotic cardiovascular (CV) events in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) (unstable angina or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction [MI] or ST-elevation MI).
- Janssen Therapeutics
- Rivaroxaban 10mg; tablets.
- To reduce the risk of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. Prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which may lead to pulmonary embolism in patients undergoing knee or hip replacement surgery.
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies