After 3 reported cases of possible sexual transmission of Zika virus, the CDC has released interim guidelines to prevent sexual transmission.
Serologic testing for Zika virus has been recommended in asymptomatic pregnant women, who have traveled to, or reside in, areas of ongoing transmission.
Bristol-Myers Squibb announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Daklinza (daclatasvir) for use in combination with sofosbuvir with or without ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotypes 1 and 3.
The Tdap booster vaccine provided moderate protection against whooping cough during the first year post-vaccination but its efficacy decreased to <9% just 4 years post-vaccination among teenagers who received a newer form of the acellular pertussis vaccine as infants and children.
The FDA has announced a new action plan designed to reassess their approach to opioid medications.
A rise in flu deaths has been found to occur around the time of the Super Bowl, with the risk of death increasing in the cities of competing teams.
Patients experienced disappearance of drusen under the retina, slight improvement in vision clarity
A novel sunscreen, Solar D, has been designed which can maximize vitamin D production while maintaining its sun protection effect for reducing erythema risk, according to a study published online in PLOS ONE.
Stimulation of the vagus nerve as part of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) during thyroid surgery can result in severe cardiac complications, according to a case report published online in Head & Neck.
Intensive care unit (ICU) patients surviving to hospital discharge have higher 5 year mortality and hospital resource use than hospital controls,
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic