The Governor of Indiana has declared a public health emergency in Scott County due to an HIV outbreak that has become an epidemic.
Patients with Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) are twice as likely to be readmitted to the hospital compared to patients without this infection, according to a new research.
The intentional crash of a Germanwings jetliner by a co-pilot on Tuesday has raised concerns about screening for mental illness in the aviation industry, but experts state that rates of suicide and suicide-homicide are extremely low and that screening may not prevent all deaths.
The White House has released a comprehensive national strategy that identifies necessary action steps for key Federal departments and agencies to combat the rise of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
A rare genetic mutation may explain why a small number of otherwise healthy children require hospitalization for severe influenza disease, reports a new case study appearing in the journal Science.
The mosquito-borne alphavirus chikungunya virus is predicted to soon spread to the United States from areas like the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, and South America but treatment options are limited, reports a review article in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Older patients who need a kidney transplant are better off receiving an available organ from an older deceased donor rather than waiting for one from a younger donor, according to a new study.
Discontinuing the use of cholesterol-lowering statins in terminally ill patients may improve their quality of life, according to a new study.
For pediatricians, most first jobs meet career goals and desired responsibilities, according to a new study.
Laparoscopic hysterectomy with morcellation is associated with better outcomes than abdominal hysterectomy for women with presumed fibroid tumors, according to new research.
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children