The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has announced a targeted initiative, including educational initiatives for healthcare professionals, to reduce prescription opioid and heroin related overdose, death, and dependence.
Memory problems associated with Alzheimer's disease may one day be reversed with targeted immunotherapy, according to a new study appearing in the Journal of Neuroscience.
Researchers have found that the HIV virus can evolve and independently replicate in patients' brains early in the process.
The roseroot herb (Rhodiola rosea) may be a beneficial treatment option for major depressive disorder (MDD), a study published in Phytomedicine has shown.
A study published in Clinical Infectious Diseases suggests a new way to prevent outbreaks of meningococcal disease through nasal inoculation of the harmless Neisseria lactamica.
Despite the widely accepted assumption that the rise in allergic disorders may be due to improved hygiene, a new study has found no connection between development of allergies and asthma and personal hygiene or home cleanliness.
Results from a large birth cohort study suggest women may not be consuming enough omega-3 to meet the recommendations for pregnancy and lactation.
Auxogyn announced the availability of the Eeva Test to help the embryo selection process by taking images of the embryos during the incubation period.
A cardiovascular disease risk equation has been developed that can be recalibrated for application in different countries.
Exposure to common air pollutants before birth may make children more likely to have the symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other thinking and behavioral problems
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Two Older Antibiotics Effective Against Community-Acquired MRSA, Says New Research
- Over 50,000 Bottles of Cholesterol Drug Recalled
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- New Duodenoscope Cleaning Instructions Issued for Reprocessing Procedure
- Educating Clinicians on Safe Opioid Prescribing Part of New HHS Program
- Targeted Immunotherapy for Alzheimer's Could Reverse Memory Problems
- NIH: HIV Can Evolve, Replicate in Brain During Early Infection
- Comparing Roseroot Herb, Sertraline for MDD Treatment