Presenting and discussion a variety of therapeutic options for treating depression in primary care benefits both the clinician and the patient, according to a new commentary in JAMA Internal Medicine.
The mechanisms for cancer resistance in elephants has baffled scientists for decades, but a new study in the Journal of the American Medical Association may have identified a genetic explanation for their lower-than-expected rate of cancer.
Those with GI tract metastases had the longest median survival of any patients
Odds for the disease climbing faster among women than men in the workforce
Withdrawal most common reason for infants' readmission to the hospital
Small study found a short stroll restored blood flow in legs after hours of sitting in a chair
Decision instruments have high sensitivity for identifying clinically significant thoracic injuries
Mechanism of injury assault in 12 of 16 patients; half of patients admit alcohol use
For patients with open fracture, reoperation rate higher with use of castile soap than with saline
Life changes that follow can make it hard for patients to cope
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Clinicians Think Rare Disease But Clinical Clues Lead to Something More Disturbing
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- Preventing - and Planning for - the Next Influenza Pandemic
- Long-term Testosterone Replacement Ups Risk of Cardiovascular Events, Death in HIV+ Men
- Less Treatment Failures Seen With Empiric Cephalexin in Pediatric UTI
- Some Pediatric Cellulitis Successfully Treated at Home, Study Suggests
- Increased Mortality With Tigecycline as Adjunct Tx for Severe CDAD