The FDA has approved a sNDA for Linzess (linaclotide; Actavis and Ironwood) to allow the capsule contents to be sprinkled in applesauce or water for adults with swallowing difficulties. Also, the FDA has approved additional instructions for patients with nasogastric or gastric feeding tubes.
Children taking melatonin fell asleep about 21 minutes sooner than those taking placebo
Most common reason for denial was "insufficient information to assess medical need"
Significant correlation for seniors does not persist after adjustment for health status, physical activity
Increased risk of T2DM for overall low-carbohydrate diet scores and animal LCD scores
Retinoic acid, retinol treatments both increase epidermal thickness, up gene, protein expression
Benefits of cognitive behavioral therapy, graded exercise can last more than two years
The FDA has approved Fluad (influenza vaccine, adjuvanted; Seqirus) for the prevention of seasonal influenza in patients 65 years and older.
Findings from a new Cochrane Review caution clinicians to weigh the benefits and risks more carefully when prescribing methylphenidate.
Researchers may have identified a new mechanism for aspirin in cancer prevention, according to findings from a study published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, and Prevention.
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?