Chemotherapy dose reduction is associated with worse survival in ovarian cancer, according to a study published in JAMA Oncology.
Fussy infants with unexplained bruising or bleeding may have late-onset vitamin K-deficient bleeding (VKDB) as a result of parental refusal of the vitamin K injection at birth.
Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs), frequently utilized by emergency medicine physicians and designed to help identify patients who "doctor shop" for prescriptions, are used to guide clinical decisions and opioid prescribing, as well as to facilitate discussions and provide patient education. .
An Asian-Language Smokers Quitline (ASQ) reaches Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese speakers nationwide, and most callers receive medication and counseling, according to a study published in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Preventing Chronic Disease.
Jordanian health care professionals are against family-witnessed resuscitation in adult critical care settings, according to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Nursing.
The effect of statins on aggression appears to differ based on sex and age, as a study published in PLOS ONE found that aggression increased in postmenopausal women taking statins but actually decreased in men.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Orkambi (lumacaftor/ivacaftor; Vertex), the first and only drug indicated for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF) in patients aged ≥12 who are homozygous for the F508del mutation in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene.
Region accounted for 7 to 8 percent of variation in thrombolysis treatment
Improvement in number of hours of direct exposure to sunlight without pain, quality of life
Beneficial effect for once-daily subcutaneous injection, together with lifestyle counseling
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Peanut Allergy Drug Designated Breakthrough Therapy
- A Cancer Drug Derived From an Avocado
- Diazepam Sold Online May Actually Be Antipsychotic, FDA Warns
- FDA to Review New Xeljanz Formulation for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Volanesorsen Designated Orphan Drug Status for Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome
- Case Study: Vitamin K Deficiency Result of Vaccine Refusal