A description of the first known case of Zika virus in a U.S. resident returning from Costa Rica has been released in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
A recent Cochrane review has shown that non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) were more effective than placebo regarding pain intensity and disability in chronic back pain but the magnitude of the effects was small.
Results from a new survey suggest that significant gaps exist in the treatment for adults in the U.S. with major depressive disorder (MDD).
The two-drug regimen of maraviroc + darunavir/ritonavir proved inferior to the three-drug regimen of tenofovir/emtricitabine + darunavir/ritonavir in antiretroviral-naive adults with HIV-1 infection, study authors reported in the journal AIDS.
A hospital cluster of avian influenza A (H7N9) infection has been identified, according to a letter to the editor published in the February 11 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.
The incidence of dementia decreased over three decades among participants in the Framingham Heart Study, according to research published in the February 11 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.
Gastric bypass surgery is associated with improved long-term survival for patients at all ages above 35 years, according to a study published online in JAMA Surgery.
Following reports of severe influenza illness, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is encouraging rapid antiviral treatment for very ill and high-risk patients with suspected influenza.
The high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diet (KD) may provide positive effects for child epilepsy patients.
Taking erlotinib with cola resulted in a clinically relevant and statistically significant increase in erlotinib bioavailability during esomeprazole treatment, findings from a study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology, showed.
- Aggressive Treatment Gone Wrong Lands Clinician in Court
- Over-the-Counter Drug Causes Torsades de Pointes in Patient Seeking 'High'
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- First Known Zika Infection in U.S. Resident Traveling from Costa Rica
- Are NSAIDs Really Better Than Placebo for Chronic Low Back Pain?
- Survey Shows Many MDD Patients Still Experience Symptoms At Least Weekly
- COPD Drug Recalled Due to Counter Display Error
- Contaminated Suspending Agents Used for Compounding Recalled