Bayer HealthCare announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved an alternate confirmation test for Essure inserts, administered three months following the procedure for hysteroscopic sterilization.
Patients who use of multiple pharmacies concurrently (pharmacy shopping) and have overlapping prescriptions for opioid medications have a greater risk of opioid overdose events, according to a study in The Journal of Pain.
No reduction in hippocampal volume seen for those with only one episode of major depression
In one state, only one from 183 diagnosed cases met reporting criteria for CDC
For serious seasonal allergies, shots may be more effective, researcher says
Most notable disparities seen for catheter ablation, receipt of oral anticoagulants
Missouri State Board of Registration for the Healing Arts seeking public opinion prior to filing rules
Gum chewing linked to improvements in major outcomes of digestive system activation
Slightly increased odds of moderate/severe SUI with substantially increased lifetime physical activity
Higher transfers of unesterified, esterified cholesterol to HDL in exercisers vs sedentary women
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch