The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Georgia Institute of Technology announced the development of a new microneedle patch that could simplify storage, distribution, administration, and disposal compared to conventional vaccines.
According to multiple studies presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies meeting in San Diego, CA, dietary supplements promoted and sold for weight loss and bodybuilding are often recommended to adolescents under the age of 18 despite labels stating that they are "for adult use only."
A review in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy examined the literature on alternative routes of administration for antipsychotic and antidepressant medications via inhaled, intranasal, buccal, sublingual, transdermal, and rectal routes.
Interim data from the HCV-TARGET study showed that all-oral, direct-acting antiviral (DAA) therapy for hepatitis C (HCV) was highly effective and well tolerated in patients with decompensated cirrhosis.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved labeling updates for Valcyte (valganciclovir; Roche) tablets and oral solution to include expanded pediatric indication and dosage sections.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a letter to bottled water manufacturers recommending that they limit the amount of fluoride added to bottled water so that it contains no more than 0.7mg/L.
The nicotine replacement therapy, Nicorette mini Lozenge (GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare) has been made available again following a supply shortage caused by a recall last year.
Aidance Scientific announced the launch of Terrasil Shingles Skincare Ointment, a new over-the-counter treatment to soothe highly sensitive skin in patients of all ages.
By age 2, many spend an hour or more a day on mobile devices, but parents have concerns
Between 2011 and 2013, texting while driving was outlawed in 14 states
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Researchers Working on Game-Changing Vaccination Method
- Viekirax + Exviera Demonstrates Virologic Response in HCV Trial
- Despite Warnings, Health Food Stores Still Sell "Adult-Only" Supplements to Teens
- Alternate Administration Routes for Psychotropic Drugs Reviewed
- Two Regimens Compared in HCV With Decompensated Cirrhosis