There's a Life-Expectancy Gap Between the U.S. and Other High-Income Countries: Here's 3 Reasons Why
A study published in JAMA indicates that injury deaths account for a large portion of the gap in life expectancy between the United States and other high-income countries.
Positive results have been released from a Phase 1b/2 trial testing the efficacy of a microbiome-based, oral therapeutic drug to treat recurrent C. difficile infection.
According to a new study, immunotherapy for allergy sufferers reduced symptoms by 55% after 3 years and reduced the amount of medication needed for symptom relief by 64%.
A diet containing unsaturated fats—as found in olive oil and walnuts—showed similar weight loss effects as a lower fat, higher carbohydrate diet, according to a study published in the Journal of the American heart Association.
Merz Neurosciences announced the launch of Xeomin (incobotulinumtoxinA) in a new 200 Unit single-dose vial.
The effect of the 2012 US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations against prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screening for all men had a differential effect on urologists and primary care providers (PCPs)
The US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends screening for major depressive disorder (MDD) in children aged 12 to 18 years, but the evidence is currently inadequate to assess the balance of benefits and harms of screening for younger children.
The risk of suicide is increased after concussion, particularly after concussions on weekends, according to a study published online in CMAJ, the journal of the Canadian Medical Association.
Medical liability reforms are likely to be advanced and challenged in 2016, according to a report published by the American Medical Association (AMA).
Folic acid (FA) consumption in the first trimester is associated with increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), according to research published online in Diabetes Care.
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- CDC: Novel Lyme Disease Pathogen Discovered
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- There's a Life-Expectancy Gap Between the U.S. and Other High-Income Countries: Here's 3 Reasons Why
- Microbiome-Based Oral Drug Looks Promising for Recurrent C. difficile
- Is Allergic Rhinitis Immunotherapy Effective and Safe for the Elderly?
- Benefits of Walnut-Rich Diet Tested in Overweight, Obese Sample
- New Dosage Strength of Xeomin Launched