Regeneron and Sanofi announced new positive results for Praluent (alirocumab) from the Phase 3 ODYSSEY clinical trial program in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HeFH) patients.
Results from the PATHWAY 3 study demonstrated that a combination of half-dose diuretics can significantly reduce blood pressure without the adverse effects associated with full doses of either diuretic alone, as reported at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2015.
Newer genetic tests like chromosomal microarray analysis and whole-exome sequencing for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) may help detect genetic mutations potentially associated to the disorder, a study published in JAMA reported.
According to a new study, calorie restriction may modify risk factors for age-related diseases and indicators associated with longer life span.
A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that one in two men and two in five women have a heart age five or more years older than their actual age based on risk factors.
A new study emphasizes the important of a good night's sleep, as sleeping six or fewer hours or per night more than quadrupled the risk of developing a cold in healthy patients in a study published in the journal Sleep.
Preoperative statins reduced cardiac complications and mortality in patients who underwent non-cardiac surgery, according to a new study presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2015.
Oral anticoagulation with rivaroxaban for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation (AF) patients resulted in low rates of bleeding and stroke, researchers presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2015.
For patients with an acute coronary syndrome undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), bivalirudin does not lower the rates of major adverse cardiovascular events.
For patients with established Chagas' cardiomyopathy, benznidazole may reduce serum parasite detection.
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- Many Pregnant Women Lacking in Element Linked to Cognition in Offspring
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link
- Severe, Persistent Joint Pain Warning Issued for Diabetes Drug Class
- Rapid Reversal Seen With Idarucizumab in Pradaxa-Treated Patients
- Positive Phase 3 Results for New Cholesterol Tx Presented
- Elotuzumab BLA Given Priority Review for Multiple Myeloma
- Fewer Side Effects Seen With Half-Dose Diuretic Combo vs. Single Diuretic
- Newer Genetic Testing Technologies May Help Autism Dx in Children