Research presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2015 reports that an education program did not improve adherence to apixaban among patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) compared to usual information about the disease and treatment.
NeuroMetrix announced preliminary results from a pilot study on the safety and efficacy of its Sensus Pain Management System in patients with restless leg syndrome (RLS).
Ezetimibe added to statin therapy showed a benefit in patients with diabetes who were admitted to the hospital with acute coronary syndrome (ACS), according to a study presented the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2015.
For patients who require permanent single-chamber ventricular pacing, an active-fixation leadless cardiac pacemaker is safe and effective, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
The risk of osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) is highest in association with intravenous bisphosphonate use, according to a study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research.
Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery (FLACS) is associated with improved outcomes compared with conventional cataract surgery.
Recent research indicates that many pregnant women have a median urinary iodine concentration below the recommended level, which may have a negative impact on the motor and cognitive functions of offspring.
Nonalbuminuric chronic kidney disease is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality, but not renal outcomes, in patients with type 1 diabetes.
For patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment (MRT) is more effective for reducing fatigue than cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Nine Factors That Appear to Elevate Alzheimer's Risk
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Measles and 'Immune Amnesia': Why Vaccination Could Also Prevent Other Diseases
- Can Education Boost Adherence to Apixaban? New Data Presented
- Sensus Wearable Device for RLS: Pilot Study Data Announced
- Ezetimibe Add-On Tx Shows CV Benefits in Patients With Diabetes, ACS
- First State Adds Locking Devices to Rx Bottles for Deter Abuse, Misuse
- Osteonecrosis of Jaw Risk Highest for Two Bisphosphonates