Calcipotriene Scalp Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene 0.005%; contains isopropanol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Calcipotriene Scalp Solution:
Chronic, moderately-severe psoriasis of the scalp.
Comb hair, apply solution to lesions and rub in. Avoid uninvolved skin. Reevaluate after 8 weeks.
Hypercalcemia. Vit. D toxicity. Do not use on face. Scalp soln: acute psoriatic eruptions.
For dermatologic use only. Avoid mucous membranes, excessive exposure to natural or artificial sunlight. Discontinue if irritation or hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vitamin D3 derivative.
Local irritation, burning/stinging, pruritus, dermatitis, worsening of psoriasis.
Crm—60g, 120g; Oint, Soln—contact supplier
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- Nasal Allergy Spray Currently Unavailable
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Probiotic Intervention May Reduce CDI Rates in Antibiotic Recipients
- Renal Status Not a Factor for Tedizolid, Linezolid Efficacy in ABSSSI
- Inappropriate Empirical Antimicrobial Tx May Lengthen Hospitalization
- Are C. diff Cure Rates Better With High Dose Vancomycin?
- Opioid Use Ups Hospitalization Risk for Serious Infection in Older Adults