DDAVP NASAL SPRAY Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desmopressin acetate 10mcg/spray; nasal spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DDAVP NASAL SPRAY:
Central (cranial) diabetes insipidus. Temporary polyuria and polydipsia following head trauma or surgery in the pituitary region.
10–40mcg daily intranasally in 1–3 divided doses; usually 20mcg in two divided doses. Use rhinal tube for doses <10mcg or doses other than multiples of 10mcg.
<3months: not recommended. ≥3months: 5–30mcg daily intranasally in 1–2 divided doses. Use rhinal tube for doses <10mcg or doses other than multiples of 10mcg.
Moderate to severe renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min). Hyponatremia, or history of.
Monitor fluid intake, urine volume and osmolality. Fluid/electrolyte imbalance (eg, cystic fibrosis). Habitual or psychogenic polydipsia. Coronary artery insufficiency. Hypertension. Inj: Predisposition to thrombosis. Nasal mucosal changes (nasal forms). Young children. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other pressor agents, drugs that may increase the risk of water intoxication with hyponatremia (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, chlorpromazine, opiates, NSAIDs, lamotrigine, carbamazepine). Possible convulsions with oxybutynin, imipramine.
Headache, nausea, flushing, abdominal cramps, vulval pain, water intoxication, hyponatremia, nasal congestion or rhinitis (nasal forms), inj site reaction; rare: changes in BP, severe allergic reactions, seizures in children from plasma hypoosmolality, thrombotic events (inj).
Tabs—100; Nasal spray—5mL (50 sprays); Rhinal tube—2.5mL (w. 2 rhinal tubes); Amp (1mL)—10; Multi-dose vial (10mL)—1
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Clinicians Think Rare Disease But Clinical Clues Lead to Something More Disturbing
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- Preventing - and Planning for - the Next Influenza Pandemic
- Long-term Testosterone Replacement Ups Risk of Cardiovascular Events, Death in HIV+ Men
- Less Treatment Failures Seen With Empiric Cephalexin in Pediatric UTI
- Some Pediatric Cellulitis Successfully Treated at Home, Study Suggests
- Increased Mortality With Tigecycline as Adjunct Tx for Severe CDAD