DDAVP NASAL SPRAY Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desmopressin acetate 10mcg/spray; nasal spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DDAVP NASAL SPRAY:
Central (cranial) diabetes insipidus. Temporary polyuria and polydipsia following head trauma or surgery in the pituitary region.
10–40mcg daily intranasally in 1–3 divided doses; usually 20mcg in two divided doses. Use rhinal tube for doses <10mcg or doses other than multiples of 10mcg.
<3months: not recommended. ≥3months: 5–30mcg daily intranasally in 1–2 divided doses. Use rhinal tube for doses <10mcg or doses other than multiples of 10mcg.
Moderate to severe renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min). Hyponatremia, or history of.
Monitor fluid intake, urine volume and osmolality. Fluid/electrolyte imbalance (eg, cystic fibrosis). Habitual or psychogenic polydipsia. Coronary artery insufficiency. Hypertension. Inj: Predisposition to thrombosis. Nasal mucosal changes (nasal forms). Young children. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other pressor agents, drugs that may increase the risk of water intoxication with hyponatremia (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, chlorpromazine, opiates, NSAIDs, lamotrigine, carbamazepine). Possible convulsions with oxybutynin, imipramine.
Headache, nausea, flushing, abdominal cramps, vulval pain, water intoxication, hyponatremia, nasal congestion or rhinitis (nasal forms), inj site reaction; rare: changes in BP, severe allergic reactions, seizures in children from plasma hypoosmolality, thrombotic events (inj).
Tabs—100; Nasal spray—5mL (50 sprays); Rhinal tube—2.5mL (w. 2 rhinal tubes); Amp (1mL)—10; Multi-dose vial (10mL)—1
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Is an Ancient Potion the Next Antibiotic for MRSA?
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- Comparing Qudexy XR Administration Methods and Bioequivalence
- New Data on Long-Term Safety, Efficacy of Plegridy for MS
- Too Much of a Good Thing With Dietary Supplements May Up Health Risks
- New Guideline for Treating Patients After Their First Seizure