Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxaprozin 600mg; scored caplets.
Indications for DAYPRO:
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Osteoarthritis (OA). Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA).
RA (≥16 years) or OA: 1.2g once daily; max 1.8g or 26mg/kg daily, whichever is less, in divided doses. Low body weight, milder disease, or on dialysis: initially 600 mg once daily; max 1.2g daily.
<6 years: not recommended. JRA: 6–16 years (22–31 kg): 600mg once daily; (32–54 kg): 900mg once daily; (≥55 kg): 1.2g once daily.
Aspirin allergy. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if renal or hepatic disease develops. History of GI bleed/ulcer. Bleeding disorders. Monitor CBC, hepatic, and renal function in chronic use; and for GI bleed/ulcer. Heart failure. Hypertension. Asthma. Alcoholism. Dehydrated. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates methotrexate, lithium, protein bound drugs. Increased risk of GI bleed with aspirin, corticosteroids, smoking, anticoagulants. May antagonize, or increase risk of renal failure with ACEIs, diuretics. Monitor oral anticoagulants, antihypertensives.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
GI upset, CNS effects, tinnitus, blurred vision, dysuria, edema, photosensitivity, GI ulcer/bleed, blood dyscrasias, renal or hepatic dysfunction, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
- 600mg tablets (Qty:60)
- appx. price $333.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic