Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxaprozin 600mg; scored caplets.
Indications for DAYPRO:
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Osteoarthritis (OA). Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA).
RA (≥16 years) or OA: 1.2g once daily; max 1.8g or 26mg/kg daily, whichever is less, in divided doses. Low body weight, milder disease, or on dialysis: initially 600 mg once daily; max 1.2g daily.
<6 years: not recommended. JRA: 6–16 years (22–31 kg): 600mg once daily; (32–54 kg): 900mg once daily; (≥55 kg): 1.2g once daily.
Aspirin allergy. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if renal or hepatic disease develops. History of GI bleed/ulcer. Bleeding disorders. Monitor CBC, hepatic, and renal function in chronic use; and for GI bleed/ulcer. Heart failure. Hypertension. Asthma. Alcoholism. Dehydrated. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates methotrexate, lithium, protein bound drugs. Increased risk of GI bleed with aspirin, corticosteroids, smoking, anticoagulants. May antagonize, or increase risk of renal failure with ACEIs, diuretics. Monitor oral anticoagulants, antihypertensives.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
GI upset, CNS effects, tinnitus, blurred vision, dysuria, edema, photosensitivity, GI ulcer/bleed, blood dyscrasias, renal or hepatic dysfunction, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
- 600mg tablets (Qty:60)
- appx. price $314.00
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities, Part 2
- Nasal Allergy Spray Currently Unavailable
- A Rare Case of Ketoacidosis in a Non-Diabetic Patient: What's the Cause?
- Drug Used to Reduce Mortality After MI Discontinued, Generic in Shortage
- CDC Warns of Drug-Resistant 'Superbug' in Multiple U.S. Cities
- Probiotic Intervention May Reduce CDI Rates in Antibiotic Recipients
- Renal Status Not a Factor for Tedizolid, Linezolid Efficacy in ABSSSI
- Inappropriate Empirical Antimicrobial Tx May Lengthen Hospitalization
- Are C. diff Cure Rates Better With High Dose Vancomycin?
- Opioid Use Ups Hospitalization Risk for Serious Infection in Older Adults