Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxaprozin 600mg; scored caplets.
Indications for DAYPRO:
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Osteoarthritis (OA). Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA).
RA (≥16 years) or OA: 1.2g once daily; max 1.8g or 26mg/kg daily, whichever is less, in divided doses. Low body weight, milder disease, or on dialysis: initially 600 mg once daily; max 1.2g daily.
<6 years: not recommended. JRA: 6–16 years (22–31 kg): 600mg once daily; (32–54 kg): 900mg once daily; (≥55 kg): 1.2g once daily.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
Aspirin allergy. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if renal or hepatic disease develops. History of GI bleed/ulcer. Bleeding disorders. Monitor CBC, hepatic, and renal function in chronic use; and for GI bleed/ulcer. Heart failure. Hypertension. Asthma. Alcoholism. Dehydrated. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates methotrexate, lithium, protein bound drugs. Increased risk of GI bleed with aspirin, corticosteroids, smoking, anticoagulants. May antagonize, or increase risk of renal failure with ACEIs, diuretics. Monitor oral anticoagulants, antihypertensives.
GI upset, CNS effects, tinnitus, blurred vision, dysuria, edema, photosensitivity, GI ulcer/bleed, blood dyscrasias, renal or hepatic dysfunction, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
- 600mg tablets (Qty:60)
- appx. price $293.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response