Generic Name and Formulations:
Misoprostol 100mcg, 200mcg; tabs.
Indications for CYTOTEC:
Prevention of NSAID-induced gastric ulcers.
Take with food. 200mcg 4 times daily with meals (last dose at bedtime). May reduce dose if not tolerated.
For women of childbearing potential: negative serum pregnancy test within 2 weeks before starting therapy; begin on 2nd or 3rd day of next menstrual period; maintain contraception during therapy; give oral and written warnings on risks in pregnancy. Cardiovascular disease. Inflammatory bowel disease. Dehydration. Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid magnesium-containing antacids (to reduce diarrhea risk). Concomitant oxytocic agents: not recommended.
Prostaglandin E1 analogue.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, gynecological effects (eg, spotting, cramps), abortion, premature birth, birth defects, uterine rupture.
Tabs 100mcg—60, 120; 200mcg—60, 100
- 100mcg tablets (Qty:1)
- appx. price $6.00
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Too Much of This Mineral May Lead to Increased Appetite, Overeating
- Rapid Reversal Seen With Idarucizumab in Pradaxa-Treated Patients
- Positive Phase 3 Results for New Cholesterol Tx Presented
- Elotuzumab BLA Given Priority Review for Multiple Myeloma
- Fewer Side Effects Seen With Half-Dose Diuretic Combo vs. Single Diuretic
- Newer Genetic Testing Technologies May Help Autism Dx in Children