Generic Name and Formulations:
Misoprostol 100mcg, 200mcg; tabs.
Indications for CYTOTEC:
Prevention of NSAID-induced gastric ulcers.
Take with food. 200mcg 4 times daily with meals (last dose at bedtime). May reduce dose if not tolerated.
For women of childbearing potential: negative serum pregnancy test within 2 weeks before starting therapy; begin on 2nd or 3rd day of next menstrual period; maintain contraception during therapy; give oral and written warnings on risks in pregnancy. Cardiovascular disease. Inflammatory bowel disease. Dehydration. Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid magnesium-containing antacids (to reduce diarrhea risk). Concomitant oxytocic agents: not recommended.
Prostaglandin E1 analogue.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, gynecological effects (eg, spotting, cramps), abortion, premature birth, birth defects, uterine rupture.
Tabs 100mcg—60, 120; 200mcg—60, 100
- 100mcg tablets (Qty:1)
- appx. price $6.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hawaii County Declares State of Emergency in Response to Dengue Outbreak
- New Guideline on Managing Status Epilepticus Released
- There's a Life-Expectancy Gap Between the U.S. and Other High-Income Countries: Here's 3 Reasons Why
- Microbiome-Based Oral Drug Looks Promising for Recurrent C. difficile
- Is Immunotherapy Effective for Elderly Patients with Allergic Rhinitis?