Generic Name and Formulations:
Misoprostol 100mcg, 200mcg; tabs.
Indications for CYTOTEC:
Prevention of NSAID-induced gastric ulcers.
Take with food. 200mcg 4 times daily with meals (last dose at bedtime). May reduce dose if not tolerated.
Prostaglandin E1 analogue.
For women of childbearing potential: negative serum pregnancy test within 2 weeks before starting therapy; begin on 2nd or 3rd day of next menstrual period; maintain contraception during therapy; give oral and written warnings on risks in pregnancy. Cardiovascular disease. Inflammatory bowel disease. Dehydration. Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid magnesium-containing antacids (to reduce diarrhea risk). Concomitant oxytocic agents: not recommended.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, gynecological effects (eg, spotting, cramps), abortion, premature birth, birth defects, uterine rupture.
Tabs 100mcg—60, 120; 200mcg—60, 100
- 100mcg tablets (Qty:1)
- appx. price $5.00
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response