Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.2%, timolol (as maleate) 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for COMBIGAN:
To reduce elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in glaucoma or ocular hypertension where adjunctive or replacement therapy is warranted.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: contraindicated. ≥2yrs: 1 drop every 12 hours.
2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. Severe COPD. Bronchial asthma or history of. Neonates and infants <2yrs of age.
Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure and before surgery. Mild to moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease: not recommended. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Myasthenia gravis. Renal or hepatic impairment. May mask hypoglycemia, thyrotoxicosis. Soft contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 15 minutes after instillation). Separate dosing of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid other topical β-blockers. May potentiate, or be potentiated by, other CNS depressants, systemic β-blockers, reserpine, quinidine, SSRIs, other CYP2D6 inhibitors. Caution with antihypertensives, systemic β-blockers, MAOIs, tricyclics. May cause conduction defects (eg, prolonged AV conduction) with digoxin, calcium channel blockers (avoid concomitant use in impaired cardiac function). May block systemic epinephrine.
alpha-2 agonist + noncardioselective beta-blocker.
Allergic conjunctivitis, conjunctival folliculosis, conjunctival hyperemia, pruritus, ocular burning/stinging, asthenia, corneal erosion, depression, epiphora, visual disturbance, headache, hypertension, dry mouth, somnolence, blepharitis, ocular hypersensitivity.
- 5ml of 0.2%/0.5% eye droppers (Qty:1)
- appx. price $143.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic