Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CHLOR-TRIMETON:
Allergic and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, pruritus.
4mg every 4–6hrs; max 24mg/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 2mg every 4–6hrs; max 12mg/24hrs.
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitement.
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- First Reported Case of Myopericarditis With Common BP Med
- Many Pregnant Women Lacking in Element Linked to Cognition in Offspring
- Severe, Persistent Joint Pain Warning Issued for Diabetes Drug Class
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link