Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CHLOR-TRIMETON:
Allergic and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, pruritus.
4mg every 4–6hrs; max 24mg/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 2mg every 4–6hrs; max 12mg/24hrs.
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitement.
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option