Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CHLOR-TRIMETON:
Allergic and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, pruritus.
4mg every 4–6hrs; max 24mg/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 2mg every 4–6hrs; max 12mg/24hrs.
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitement.
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies