CHILDREN'S ZYRTEC CHEWABLE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 5mg, 10mg; chew tabs; grape flavor.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S ZYRTEC CHEWABLE:
Adults and Children:
Chew tabs: may take with or without water. For doses <5mg: use syrup. <2yrs: not recommended. 2–6yrs: initially 2.5mg once daily; max 5mg once daily or 2.5mg every 12hrs. ≥6yrs: initially 5–10mg once daily. ≥65yrs: use chew tabs or syrup: 5mg once daily. Hepatic or renal impairment: individualize.
Hives Relief: not used for prevention or as a substitute for epinephrine. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth, pharyngitis. Children: headache, pharyngitis, GI upset/pain, cough, somnolence, diarrhea, epistaxis, bronchospasm, fatigue, irritability, insomnia.
Tabs—5, 14, 30, 45, 75; Liquid gels—12, 25, 40; Chew tabs 5mg—5, 10mg—12, 24; Hives Relief tabs—14; Syrup—4oz
- Nine Factors That Appear to Elevate Alzheimer's Risk
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- The Magic Bullets That Quietly Revolutionized Medicine
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- Doctors Behaving Badly: Anonymous Essay Reveals Shocking Behaviors