CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD:
Rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms, cough.
20mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Peanut Allergy Drug Designated Breakthrough Therapy