CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD:
Rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms, cough.
20mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
- Acetaminophen: Does It Reduce Both Pain and Pleasure?
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Many Taking Daily Aspirin May Not Need It, Reports Study
- Heart Attack Risk Rises After Divorce
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research