CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD:
Rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms, cough.
20mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Researchers Get Closer to Testing Anti-Aging Pill in Humans
- Verapamil May Help Lower Glucose Levels in Diabetic Patients
- Alzheimer's Drug Shortage Resolved
- Recommendations for Management of Recurrent UTI in Older Men
- Impacts of Low/High Glycemic Foods to Postprandial Blood Glucose in Type 1 Diabetes