CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD:
Rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms, cough.
Adult Dose for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD:
20mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children's Dose for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP LONG-ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD:
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
- Can Wearables for Babies Help Prevent SIDS?
- Most Excessive Drinkers Don't Meet Alcohol Dependence Criteria
- Carcinogen from Hookah Smoke Harmful, Even in Secondhand Exposure
- Refined vs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Is One Better for Cardiovascular Health?
- Digoxin and Incident A-Fib: New Results on Mortality, Hospitalization Risk