Generic Name and Formulations:
Alprostadil 5mcg, 10mcg, 20mcg, 40mcg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for intracavernous inj after reconstitution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Indications for CAVERJECT:
Treatment of erectile dysfunction. Adjunct to other diagnostic tests in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction.
Inject into the dorso-lateral aspect of the proximal third of penis, avoid visible veins; rotate inj side and site. Determine optimum dose in office. If no response, may give 2nd dose after 1hr; if partial response occurs, wait 24hrs before next dose. Vasculogenic, psychogenic, or mixed etiology: initially 2.5mcg; if partial response, may give 2nd dose of 5mcg; may increase in increments of 5–10mcg until desired response. If no response to 1st dose, may give 2nd dose of 7.5mcg within 1hr; may increase in increments of 5–10mcg until desired response. Neurogenic etiology: initially 1.25mcg; may give 2nd dose of 2.5mcg, and 3rd dose of 5mcg; may increase in increments of 5mcg until desired response. Usual max: 60mcg and 3 inj/week; allow at least 24hrs between doses. Reduce dose if erection lasts over 1hr. Adjunct in diagnosis: see full labeling.
Not recommended; see Contraindications.
Predisposition to priapism. Anatomical penile deformation. Penile implants. Patients for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated. Women. Children. Newborns.
Evaluate and treat underlying causes prior to initiating therapy. Treat priapism immediately. Patient must not adjust dose on own. Reevaluate every 3 months. Significant corpora cavernosa venous leakage. Monitor for signs of penile fibrosis. Discontinue if penile angulation, cavernosal fibrosis, or Peyronie's disease develops.
Concomitant vasoactive agents: not recommended. Caution with anticoagulants.
Priapism, prolonged erection, penile pain or fibrosis, inj site hematoma or ecchymosis, prostatic disorder, penile rash or edema, other local effects, upper respiratory infection, hypertension, headache, increased risk of blood-borne diseases, others.
Vials—6; Caverject impulse 10mcg, 20mcg—2 (dual chamber syringe systems + supplies)
- 20mcg vials (Qty:6)
- appx. price $360.00
- Certain Food Combos Prevent Weight Gain, While Others Promote It
- The Consequences of Ignoring the Complete Medication List
- The Vitamin D Debate: Conundrums and Complexities
- Maple Syrup Boosts Antibiotic Effects in Proof-of-Concept Research
- New AHA/ACA/ASH Hypertension Guidelines: Lead Author Discusses Treatments and Controversies
- Researchers Working on Game-Changing Vaccination Method
- Viekirax + Exviera Demonstrates Virologic Response in HCV Trial
- Despite Warnings, Health Food Stores Still Sell "Adult-Only" Supplements to Teens
- Alternate Administration Routes for Psychotropic Drugs Reviewed
- Two Regimens Compared in HCV With Decompensated Cirrhosis