Catch-Up Immunization Schedule for Children
Changes in the Schedule Since Last Release
• Abbreviations for influenza vaccine were updated with the anticipation of quadrivalent vaccine for the 2013–14 influenza season.
• Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23) was added to the chart.
• Footnotes were combined and standardized formatting was used to provide recommendations for each vaccine related to routine vaccination, catch-up vaccination, and vaccination of persons with high-risk medical conditions or under special circumstances.
• MCV4 footnotes were updated to reflect recent recommendations.
• Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine footnotes were updated to reflect recent recommendations.
• Influenza vaccine footnotes were updated to provide dosing guidance for children aged 6 months through 8 years for the 2012–13 and 2013–14 influenza seasons.
• MCV4 vaccine minimum ages and intervals were updated in, “Catch-up immunization schedule for persons aged 4 months through 18 years who start late or who are more than 1 month behind—United States, 2013,” to reflect licensure of Hib-MenCY vaccine.