A 68 year-old patient presented with complaints of pigmentation on his fingers, fingernails, and lips for the past year. A ...
A 42-year-old male presents for a general checkup. On his back, you notice the lesions pictured here. The patient says ...
A patient, aged 28 years, presents with complaints of one day of very itchy lesions around her lips.
A 35-year-old woman presents complaining about the appearance of her tongue. She said she had never really been bothered by ...
A 45-year-old black patient presents complaining of hair loss that has been progressive over several years. Topical corticosteroids have not ...
Seizures induced by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) use are rare and are more likely to be linked to larger doses and severe symptoms (such as those present in serotonin syndrome), but a new case study in the journal Pharmacotherapy described a patient that developed seizures after vilazodone treatment was initiated.
For young patients presenting with acute confusion, Susac syndrome should be considered, according to a case report.
The cases of two men who got injured while participating in freshwater activities in Missouri and Texas are giving insight into a freshwater algae that can infect wounds.
Candy consumers may want to not over-indulge in licorice, as the candy has been associated with tonic-clonic seizures in a new case study published in the journal Pediatric Neurology.
Use of an over-the-counter supplement has been linked to a rare liver disease in a case study profiled in the Journal of General Internal Medicine.
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin
- Spironolactone for Hormonal Acne: Is Routine Potassium Monitoring Necessary?
- Public Health Emergency Declared in IN Following HIV Outbreak
- Study: Hospital Readmissions, Length of Stay Greater for C. diff Patients
- Does the Aviation Industry Need Better Mental Health Screening?
- National Strategy to Fight Superbugs Released by the White House
- Gene Mutation May Explain Severe Flu in Healthy Children