Treatment with a broad-spectrum antibiotic may lead to significant changes to the gut microbiota (GM), and these changes may have lasting effects on blood pressure (BP) long after antibiotic withdrawal.
Patient presented to ER with coughing and shortness of breath, normal renal function
Dermatologist, allergist, primary care doctors failed to identify etiology of rash over several months
A case study presented at the CHEST Annual Meeting 2015 describes a patient with worsening respiration due to the migration of Trichinella to the diaphragm in the parenteral phase of infection, traced to the consumption of wild bear meat.
There have been only a few documented cases of priapism induced by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), but other psychiatric drugs like trazodone or antipsychotics have been linked to priapism. A case study in the International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine outlines a report of a patient who experienced a 96-hour priapism while taking paroxetine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?