A case study in Pharmacotherapy describes a patient with metoprolol overdose who developed cardiac arrest and worsening progression after numerous initial treatments but improved with dextrose supplementation (hyperinsulinemia/ euglycemia [HIE]), and intravenous lipid emulsion (ILE) therapy.
Appearing in the Journal of Medical Cases, a case study outlines what is only the fourth reported case worldwide of a rare hemoglobin (Hb) variant, Hb South Florida (Hb-SF) that can cause falsely elevated HbA1c results during standard laboratory testing in the range of poorly controlled diabetes mellitus.
A case study in Pediatrics describes the first published report of a potential oseltamivir-warfarin interaction in a child with influenza and hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
Syndrome should be considered in pregnant women with intractable nausea relieved by bathing
A case study of a woman with likely cinnamon-statin combination induced hepatitis emphasizes the potential dangers of concomitant use of dietary supplements with certain medications.
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- Antiviral May Tighten Blood-Brain Barrier Against Pathogens
- Better Outcomes for HIV Patients Who Start Treatment Early, Says Study
- DOD: Live Anthrax Accidentally Sent to Nine States, South Korea
- New OTC Lightweight Wearable Launched for Chronic Pain Relief
- FDA: Beware of Embolization With Dermal Fillers