Generic Name and Formulations:
Brompheniramine maleate 2mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg; per 5mL; liq; contains alcohol 0.95% v/v; butterscotch flavor.
Indications for BROMFED-DM:
Cough and nasal congestion.
10mL every 4 hrs.
<2yrs: individualize. 2–6yrs: 2.5mL. 6–12yrs: 5mL. Both every 4 hrs. Max 6 doses/24 hours.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Neonates. Premature infants. Severe hypertension or cardiovascular disease. Within 14 days of MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Diabetes. History of bronchial asthma. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Potentiates alcohol, other CNS depressants. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic + antitussive.
Sedation, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, thickening of bronchial secretions; excitability in children.
- 2mg/30mg/10mg/5ml syrups (Qty:120)
- appx. price $30.00
- New CDC Recommendations for Influenza Vaccination: 2015-2016
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- Many Pregnant Women Lacking in Element Linked to Cognition in Offspring
- New Insight into Antibiotics-Type 2 Diabetes Link
- Severe, Persistent Joint Pain Warning Issued for Diabetes Drug Class
- Rapid Reversal Seen With Idarucizumab in Pradaxa-Treated Patients
- Positive Phase 3 Results for New Cholesterol Tx Presented
- Elotuzumab BLA Given Priority Review for Multiple Myeloma
- Fewer Side Effects Seen With Half-Dose Diuretic Combo vs. Single Diuretic
- Newer Genetic Testing Technologies May Help Autism Dx in Children