Generic Name and Formulations:
Brompheniramine maleate 2mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg; per 5mL; liq; contains alcohol 0.95% v/v; butterscotch flavor.
Indications for BROMFED-DM:
Cough and nasal congestion.
10mL every 4 hrs.
<2yrs: individualize. 2–6yrs: 2.5mL. 6–12yrs: 5mL. Both every 4 hrs. Max 6 doses/24 hours.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Neonates. Premature infants. Severe hypertension or cardiovascular disease. Within 14 days of MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Diabetes. History of bronchial asthma. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Potentiates alcohol, other CNS depressants. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic + antitussive.
Sedation, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, thickening of bronchial secretions; excitability in children.
- 2mg/30mg/10mg/5ml syrups (Qty:120)
- appx. price $30.00
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Updated Administration Information for Linzess
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep in Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Topical Retinol Induces Skin Changes Similar to Retinoic Acid
- Access to New HCV Txs Being Denied to Almost Half of Medicaid Patients, Here's Why
- For Seniors, Does Moderate Drinking Have a Protective Effect on Mortality?