BAYER MIGRAINE FORMULA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; per caplet.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for BAYER MIGRAINE FORMULA:
≥18yrs: 2 caplets with a glass of water. Max 2 caplets/24hours.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Analgesic + salicylate.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Persistent or unresponsive headache. History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Impaired hepatic or renal function. Hypertension. Bleeding disorders. Erosive gastritis. Diabetes. Gout. Elderly (>60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase aspirin excretion. May antagonize uricosurics, spironolactone. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with alcohol.
Gastric upset, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis, nervousness, irritability, insomnia, tachycardia; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
- McDonald's and the Microbiome: What Effect Does Junk Food Have on Gut Bacteria?
- When the Doctor is Depressed: One Clinician Tells His Story
- Most Distinctive Causes of Death Mapped by U.S. State
- Spice + Statin Likely Culprit in Patient with Acute Hepatitis
- First Non-Surgical Tx for "Double Chin" Gains FDA Approval
- NABP Hopes .Pharmacy Domain Will Help Weed Out Illegal Online Pharmacies
- Gene Mutation in MS Sheds Light on Movement, Balance Disorders
- Pill Panic: Are Blood Clot Concerns Warranted?
- Researchers Are Using a Modified Herpes Virus to Treat Melanoma
- Umbilical Cord Clamping Delay Found Beneficial in Boys