Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 0.5mg, 1mg+, 2mg+; tabs; +scored.
Biovail Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ATIVAN:
Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Therapy for >4 months. Avoid abrupt cessation. Change dose gradually. Discontinue if paradoxical reactions occurs. Drug or alcohol abuse. Depression. Suicidal tendencies. Renal, hepatic, or pulmonary dysfunction. Seizure disorder. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor blood counts, liver function with long-term use. Elderly. Debilitated. Psychosis, pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. May be potentiated by probenecid or valproate (reduce lorazepam dose by 50%).
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, disorientation, nausea, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, abuse potential.
0.5mg, 2mg—100; 1mg—100, 1000
- 0.5mg tablets (Qty:30)
- appx. price $424.00
- Necessary Procedure Leads to Assault and Battery Charges
- Certain Antibiotics May Up Diabetes Risk
- FDA: Life-Threatening Interaction Possible Between Antivirals, Amiodarone
- Study: Pregnant, Breastfeeding Women Not Consuming Enough of This Nutrient
- Study: Abuse, Addiction, Poisoning Diagnoses Decrease with Reformulated Oxycontin