Generic Name and Formulations:
Nelarabine 250mg/vial; soln for IV infusion.
Indications for ARRANON:
T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL) and T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma (T-LBL) that is unresponsive or has relapsed after ≥2 chemotherapy regimens.
Adults and Children:
Contact manufacturer. From the pediatric trial: Patients ≤21 yrs: 650mg/m2 by IV infusion over 1 hour daily for 5 consecutive days; repeat every 21 days. From the adult trial: Patients 16–65yrs: 1500mg/m2 by IV infusion over 2 hours on days 1, 3, and 5; repeat every 21 days. The recommended duration of treatment has not been clearly established. Treatment was generally continued until there was evidence of disease progression, the patient experienced unacceptable toxicity, the patient became a candidate for bone marrow transplant, or the patient no longer continued to benefit from treatment. See literature.
Discontinue if ≥ Grade 2 neurotoxicity occurs; may delay dosing if other toxicities occur (eg, hematologic toxicity). Prior or concurrent intrathecal chemotherapy or craniospinal irradiation (increased risk of neurotoxicity). Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBCs, platelet counts. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infection, tumor lysis syndrome. Ensure adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); use effective contraception. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Concomitant adenosine deaminase inhibitors (eg, pentostatin): not recommended.
Hematologic disorders (eg, anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia), headache, GI upset, constipation, fatigue, somnolence, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, seizures, respiratory disorders, pyrexia; increased transaminase levels, bilirubin; decreased potassium, albumin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- 2016 Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults: What's Changed?
- 2016 Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule Released
- First Sexually-Transmitted Zika Virus Case Confirmed in Texas
- Spiriva Respimat Gains Indication and New Dosage Strength
- To Rx or Not to Rx: Interventions to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing for Uncomplicated Acute RTI
- CDC Guidelines on Preventing Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus Issued
- CDC Updates Interim Zika Virus Guidelines for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age
- Daklinza Use Expanded to Cover Treatment in More HCV Patients
- Researchers Call for an Alternative Tdap Immunization Strategy for Adolescents
- FDA Announces Large Action Plan in Effort to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic