Generic Name and Formulations:
Nelarabine 250mg/vial; soln for IV infusion.
Indications for ARRANON:
T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL) and T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma (T-LBL) that is unresponsive or has relapsed after ≥2 chemotherapy regimens.
Adults and Children:
Contact manufacturer. From the pediatric trial: Patients ≤21 yrs: 650mg/m2 by IV infusion over 1 hour daily for 5 consecutive days; repeat every 21 days. From the adult trial: Patients 16–65yrs: 1500mg/m2 by IV infusion over 2 hours on days 1, 3, and 5; repeat every 21 days. The recommended duration of treatment has not been clearly established. Treatment was generally continued until there was evidence of disease progression, the patient experienced unacceptable toxicity, the patient became a candidate for bone marrow transplant, or the patient no longer continued to benefit from treatment. See literature.
Discontinue if ≥ Grade 2 neurotoxicity occurs; may delay dosing if other toxicities occur (eg, hematologic toxicity). Prior or concurrent intrathecal chemotherapy or craniospinal irradiation (increased risk of neurotoxicity). Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBCs, platelet counts. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infection, tumor lysis syndrome. Ensure adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); use effective contraception. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Concomitant adenosine deaminase inhibitors (eg, pentostatin): not recommended.
Hematologic disorders (eg, anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia), headache, GI upset, constipation, fatigue, somnolence, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, seizures, respiratory disorders, pyrexia; increased transaminase levels, bilirubin; decreased potassium, albumin.
- Recall of Two IV Antibiotics Announced
- Five Things ID Experts Want You to Know Before You Prescribe an Antibiotic
- What's Changed in Immunization Recommendations From CDC Advisory Committee
- Peanut Allergy Patch Shows Promise in Latest Study
- IUD Approval Gives Women New Long-Acting Birth Control Option
- Limit Daily Use of Headphones, Warns WHO
- Sleep Deprivation Could Derail Healthy Eating Habits
- Not Enough COPD Patients Receiving Maintenance Tx, Research Suggests
- Harvoni for HCV Genotype 4, HIV Co-Infection Assessed in New Research
- Combo Therapy for HCV, HIV Co-Infection: New Data on Sustained Virologic Response