Generic Name and Formulations:
Amlexanox 5%; adhesive oral paste.
Indications for APHTHASOL:
Aphthous ulcers in nonimmunocompromised adults.
Start at earliest onset of symptoms. Apply ¼ inch to each ulcer 4 times daily (following oral hygiene after meals and at bedtime). Wash hands after application. Continue until ulcer heals.
Discontinue if rash or contact mucositis occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Transient local pain, burning, stinging.
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch