Generic Name and Formulations:
Amlexanox 5%; adhesive oral paste.
Indications for APHTHASOL:
Aphthous ulcers in nonimmunocompromised adults.
Start at earliest onset of symptoms. Apply ¼ inch to each ulcer 4 times daily (following oral hygiene after meals and at bedtime). Wash hands after application. Continue until ulcer heals.
Discontinue if rash or contact mucositis occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Transient local pain, burning, stinging.
- Nine Factors That Appear to Elevate Alzheimer's Risk
- NSAIDs Linked to Long-Term Colon Cancer Risk Reduction
- Clinical Suspicion Leads to Uncommon Diagnosis in Patient With High Fever
- What a New Study Says About Omega-3s and Brain Health
- Measles and 'Immune Amnesia': Why Vaccination Could Also Prevent Other Diseases