ALPHAGAN P Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.1%, 0.15%; oph. soln; contains purite.
Indications for ALPHAGAN P:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1 drop every 8 hours.
Severe cardiovascular disease. Hepatic or renal impairment. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Remove soft contact lenses before use; may reinsert 15 minutes later. Monitor for loss of effect. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
MAOIs: see Contraindications. Caution with CNS depressants, antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides, tricyclic antidepressants. Separate administration of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes.
Oral dryness, ocular hyperemia, burning, stinging, headache, blurred or abnormal vision, foreign body sensation, fatigue, drowsiness, conjunctival follicles, ocular allergic reactions or pruritus, corneal staining/erosion, photophobia, ocular discomfort or dryness, tearing, upper respiratory symptoms, conjunctival blanching, muscular pain, others.
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
- Paleo Diet: Should It Stay in the Stone Age?
- Risks and Recommendations: The Use of NSAIDs in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease
- Neurological Complications Caused by "Skinny Jeans"
- Popular Restaurant Meals That Pack a Caloric Punch
- What's the Secret to Longevity? Lessons from "Blue Zones" Worldwide